Re: My Samsung galaxy 5 will not make outgoing calls
jaymey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay verizon support team this is aimed at you guys, you are all giving programmed responses like a bunch of robots, I get it, it's your job to respond with those certain answers. But please take this issue seriously and don't give the response of well maybe we should trade our phone in, etc...  I had a Droid Maxx for almost 1yr 6 months and just upgraded to the Samsung galaxy s5 a few days ago. One of the reasons I upgraded my phone is because of the same error message " please reenter the 10 digit number blahblahblah." I heard it for the 1st time last week. It happened twice, and lasted approx 10 minutes of down time each time.

The s5 gave me that error today, I work for a telecommunications company and I dial the same numbers multiple times a day. Never had an issue until recently. Can somebody please reply with any ideas on how this issue can be resolved?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jaymey We take all of your concerns seriously and will do our best to get this resolved. Let's gather more details. Does this happen on all calls or specific numbers? You mentioned having the same issue with your Droid Maxx so this is a little odd. Check your netowork mode under settings,more netowrks,mobile networks and select lte/cdma.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jaymey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will also add that, I have a standard samsung flip phone ( company provided) and when I had the error message on my smart phone, the flip phone did not have that issue. My network is currently set to global. What is the difference between lte and global which you mentioned for me to select? And the first time it happened was with an 800 number, then the company also has a 866 number which did the same thing. But yesterday those numbers worked fine and the error was with a local area code number for my office, again the flip phone worked fine but my s5 received that error for about 10 minutes then worked fine since then.

I Google searched this error message and people have randomly been receiving it for years on different devices. . I'm clearly not the only one having this issue. 2 phones, 2 Sim cards 3 different numbers (local,800,866)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jaymey We appreciate the details as this information helps us determine the next step. I researched the error and not showing it is a hardware issue. I suggested making sure th phone is set to lte/cdma because unless you're outside the country that is the setting we recommend especially if you are noticing issues with calls. What we can do is open a ticket with our network tea to help determine t he reason for this error. Please send us a direct message and we can get started.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
auto383

I know this is for a galaxy, but I have an Iphone 5 and I am having the same issue, for 8 days now. They have escalated it to the network department and now I wait. I am wondering if you got any resolution to this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing, auto383. If you have had a ticket filed with the network department, and have not heard back yet, the team may still be working on your ticket. If you like, we can take a look to see if there has been an update. You may also reach out to us at 1-800-922-0204, if you prefer.

I have sent out a Follow request, just in case. Please Follow back, and send me a DM. Thank you, auto383.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
klewfitz

Did this problem get resolved? I am currently experiencing the exact problem with my Samsung Galaxy s5, which is my third one since April 2014. This problem happened with no warning, all of a sudden. I have been on the phone with a Verizon Tech for over 2 hours, problem still exist. This is crazy! I've rebooted countless times. Reset by taking the battery out, as well as the SIM - problem still occurring! Is there anyone that knows what the problem is?

0 Likes
x2redneck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue in Eastern Utah. I had a small emergency, needed to call out and I had to re-enter the 10 digit number. I've wasted hours on the phone, replaced my SIM card etc. The one who sit behind the desk tell me it a gray area on my screen. I had a RZR MAXX it was fine then one day it sis it. I called in to Verizon and it was fixed. Had the S5 and have never been able to make a single call in this area yet! Frustrating been with Verizon since 03 but if they don't fix it soon I'm GONE!!!! I tell them to look back and see the issue since it was fixed once but nothing has happened. I'm heading there again this week and if it doesn't work I may freak out!!!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know your time is valuable, x2redneck. We want to make sure you can place calls when you need it, and definitely don't want to see you leave! What zip code do you hear this message to re-enter the number you're calling? Do you have any Verizon Safeguards active on your line, such as Family Base or Usage Controls?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
x2redneck
Enthusiast - Level 1

84001 and yes I have safeguards

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes