My Verizon Mobile killed my calendar
grumpyandcat
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of the events in the device calendar on my Samsung Stratosphere mysteriously disappeared this past Saturday (Jan 6).  The last time I remember using the calendar was to add a new event on Friday, Jan 5.  When I tried to add another in the wee hours of Sunday, Jan 7, all existing events were gone.  To (hopefully) improve the chances of recovery, I did *not* proceed to add anything.  The only unusual activity in the interim was that I accidentally started the "My Verizon Mobile" app when I intended to load something else, and I killed it before it finished loading.  Why did this wipe out my calendar, and how do I restore it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Verizon Mobile killed my calendar
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were you saving the calendar events to the phone calendar or your Gmail account calendar?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
grumpyandcat
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I said, the events were in the device calendar.  I was not using or synching with Google's calendar.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should use the Gmail account calendar instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

grumpyandcat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have arrived at that conclusion, but it doesn't solve my current problem.

[removed]

Discussion of moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I highly doubt that accidentally opening and then closing the My Verizon app erased your calendar.

It more plausible that the Stratosphere itself did that as a way to clear memory.

Future calendar events should be saved to Google calendar using the email address that you signed into the phone with.

grumpyandcat
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the 5-1/2 years I've been using this phone, this is the first time I have had any issue whatsoever with the built-in calendar.  This is also the first time I've ever used that shortcut (from the Applications chooser) to load that app and the first time I've ever interrupted its start-up cycle.  I don't see the connection either, but it's just too much of a coincidence to declare them unrelated. It may help to know that I actually had to abort it twice; the app splash screen reappeared after I hit the "back" key to get out of it, so I did it again.  My best guess would be that it started a sync of some sort and the interruption corrupted the upload and/or download of the data, but I didn't think "My Verizon Mobile" was connected to the calendar in any way.  Maybe I'm wrong about that..?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I can assure you that the My Verizon app and the phone's calendar are not connected to each and neither asks for permission to connect to the other.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

that's an account/calendar issue that has nothing to do with myverizon!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

grumpyandcat,

We're sorry to hear that your saved events has disappeared. We're here to help. What changes (updates, downloads, etc...) were made to your device prior to calendar concern? Has this issue repeated itself since you've noticed all events were gone? Here's a link that will assist with creating Google calendar events.

CoreyM

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes