My Verizon app crashes on HTC One M8
Prelude670
Enthusiast - Level 2

Always worked great, now, it gets to the red load screen, then closes, all the time, every time.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled countless times with the same results. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Verizon app crashes on HTC One M8
Prelude670
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Prelude670
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uninstalled "Android System Webview" and it seemed to clear up all my problems on my HTC One M8.

Everything working fine now. Good luck and post back if it works for you.

Snn5
Legend

Android Webview is a system component powered by Chrome that allows Android apps to display web content. This component is pre-installed on your device and should be kept up to date to ensure you have the latest security updates and other bug fixes.

Seems most reviews of this "installed-with-LP" app voice concerns of app crashing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Updates are meant to improve your device Prelude670. I regret to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing. When did you start experiencing difficulties with your device? Did you recently update the software on the phone? Does it crash with only certain applications being used?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Prelude670
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You're welcome.

0 Likes