My Verizon app will not update
birthdaygal

For the past two months my Verizon app says to update and you click on it and it just spins.  Cannot get it to update.  What can I do?  I am on a Samsung Android that is working good otherwise.

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon app will not update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

birthdaygal, we certainly want you to have access and be able to update your My Verzion app. Please reference the link attached to ensure that both Google Play Services and the Google Play Store are also up to date. http://spr.ly/6604HFqg4

If not already, please also go into your Apps list in Settings and Force Stop and Clear Data on the My Verizon app. This will help revert the app back to it's original version and give you the best chance at being able to update the app going forward. Keep us posted if this helps.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
birthdaygal

I tried all of that and it still just sits and spins and will not update this app.  I am missing every month my rewards.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly do not want you to miss out on any rewards, birthdaygal. When you go into the 'Settings' do you have an option to 'Disable' the app? - GregL_VZW

0 Likes
birthdaygal

Yes, disable is an option.  I was afraid if I disabled I would lose my verizon rewards...?????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure your app is working correctly, birthdaygal. Disabling the app will only disable it on your device. Your My Verizon will remain active and you can still access it via our website. Let me know if you are able to disable it. After disabling it, try doing an update using your App Store or Play Store. Let me know if this works. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
birthdaygal

I disabled; then went into play store and enabled it and clicked on update and nothing happened.  So frustrating....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are you able to leave the app disabled while updating?

0 Likes
birthdaygal

No, when I disable and then go back into my apps as soon as I pick my verizon it has the option to enable no option to update.  So then I enabled and then I tried to update and it just spins and spins.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you tried clearing the Google Play stores app cache? We would recommend doing this step if you haven't yet. 

CassieG_VZW

0 Likes