My battery drains so quickly, and i really don't think i have anything going on that could be causing that to happen. What should i be looking for?
tappe43

I recently was given the LG G Tab 8.3 LTE that my daughter got for free with her phone. I have only installed a few games (solitaire, crossword, basically old people games) and an app to sync my iPhone contacts to the tablet. Beyond that, I haven't done much of anything, mostly because I really don't know how to. Unfortunately, my battery life seems to be pretty terrible. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be during use, but the battery drains completely after about two days of sitting idle, and even when it is plugged in the battery continues to drain if it is being used. This was supposed to serve as a substitute for our laptop when travelling, but at this point it's really more of a nuisance than anything.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My battery drains so quickly, and i really don't think i have anything going on that could be causing that to happen. What should i be looking for?
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Some apps prevent your device from truly going into sleep mode if they haven't been closed out properly.  Here are some which are considered "high risk".  If you poke around you can even see reviews of some apps done by Verizon to see how they impact your data usage, battery life, and privacy.  The list of high risk apps: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/high-risk-android-apps/  And here is app review section.  Feel free to browse for older reviews as well. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/android-app-reviews-by-verizon-wireless/reviews/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My battery drains so quickly, and i really don't think i have anything going on that could be causing that to happen. What should i be looking for?
tbo27
Master - Level 2

If you go into settings and then into battery what category  does it list as using the most?

0 Likes
tappe43

It says screen 85%, Android os 4%, Android system 2%, email 2%, and Chrome 1%.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Set your screen timeout lower in display settings and lower the brightness unchecked auto. Also if you have an animated background take that off. The less pixels that are lit the better.  Try doing a Google search for any picture that has a black background screens hot it then bring it up in gallery hit menu choose crop and only select the black part and save as your background.

0 Likes
tappe43

How will this help with how fast it drains when it's not in use?

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Some apps prevent your device from truly going into sleep mode if they haven't been closed out properly.  Here are some which are considered "high risk".  If you poke around you can even see reviews of some apps done by Verizon to see how they impact your data usage, battery life, and privacy.  The list of high risk apps: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/high-risk-android-apps/  And here is app review section.  Feel free to browse for older reviews as well. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/android-app-reviews-by-verizon-wireless/reviews/

0 Likes
tappe43

I don't have any of the high-risk apps listed. Is there any way to tell if i just have a faulty battery? As I am typing, I am plugged in with only the browser running with two tabs open and the screen brightness set to 50% and I'm still slowly losing charge.

0 Likes
kevinmegofast
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please, try Zerolemon have the 10,000 mAH. Last 24hrs down to 30%

0 Likes
tappe43

I'm sorry, i don't understand what this means.

0 Likes
bylo

Try  useing Battery Doctor to help isolate what is draining your battery. Also some apps like Weather Channel & Skype will sometimes keep restarting putting a drain on the battery.

0 Likes