My bill is just too high! What is the cheapest way to switch if I'm still under contract?
1rangerdude

I have four lines.  It is costing me $260 a month for unlimited talk and text, and 6G shared data.  It is killing me to keep this up, but I still need my lines.  I'm researching other carriers to see if I can get my bill to $150 or less.  There are options, but after October I will still have one line under contract.  Can anyone guess what my early termination fee would be at that time?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My bill is just too high! What is the cheapest way to switch if I'm still under contract?
rcschnoor
Legend

When you log into the MyVerizon account for the account owner, go to change features. At the top will be an option to add a line fee discount if it is not under contract. Click on that. You would have to do it for each line which is not under contract. With a 6 GB shared data allowance, you would get a discount of $10/line not under contract.

Depending on how many lines you have out of contract, it MAY be beneficial to increase your data allowance to 10 GB/month. If you have a 10 GB/month data allowance, you would get a discount of $25/month/line. The increase in cost from 6 GB to 10 GB would only be $20/month(6 GB cost = $80/month, 10 GB cost = $100/month) but if you have 2 lines out of contract, the increase in discount would be $30/month(2 x $10/month discount = $20/month, 2 x $25/month discount = $50/month). When you get another line out of contract, your discount would increase each month by either $10 or $25 depending on you data allowance.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Re: My bill is just too high! What is the cheapest way to switch if I'm still under contract?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can manually add the discount for having a More Everything Plan for the lines out of contract. Are you paying for insurance on any of the lines? Visual Voicemail?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: My bill is just too high!  What is the cheapest way to switch if I'm still under contract?
1rangerdude

Thank you for the help, but

I can't figure how to access the area to manually apply the discount.

0 Likes
Re: My bill is just too high!  What is the cheapest way to switch if I'm still under contract?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe it is under the Change Features option.

can you verify?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

When you log into the MyVerizon account for the account owner, go to change features. At the top will be an option to add a line fee discount if it is not under contract. Click on that. You would have to do it for each line which is not under contract. With a 6 GB shared data allowance, you would get a discount of $10/line not under contract.

Depending on how many lines you have out of contract, it MAY be beneficial to increase your data allowance to 10 GB/month. If you have a 10 GB/month data allowance, you would get a discount of $25/month/line. The increase in cost from 6 GB to 10 GB would only be $20/month(6 GB cost = $80/month, 10 GB cost = $100/month) but if you have 2 lines out of contract, the increase in discount would be $30/month(2 x $10/month discount = $20/month, 2 x $25/month discount = $50/month). When you get another line out of contract, your discount would increase each month by either $10 or $25 depending on you data allowance.Smiley Happy

1rangerdude

Thank you Ann154, and rcschnoor.  Yall have been a great help.

0 Likes
Jm128

Need to lower bill

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you!

0 Likes