My brand new phone needs to be replaced but i dont want a referbished one
ILOVEMYTANKER89

i've had my droid dna for a little under 5 months. it needs to be replaced. i've had nothing but issues with it. ive had the SIM card replaced 3 times now, its been reset and everything and it still has issues dropping calls constantly, won't let me access my apps, or gets a defective sim card sign at the top and i have to shut it off and back on to get it to work again. my problem is, i just got this phone, i dont want to trade for a refurbished one. i didnt pay over 200$ for this plus my upgrade to trade it for a refurbished phone with all their issues. ive never had anything but problems with them. my last phone (a gem) had to be replaced 4 times. i want a new phone. so my question is who do i need to talk to or what do i need to do to get a new one?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My brand new phone needs to be replaced but i dont want a referbished one
Not applicable

Unfortunately that is not going to happen. Refurbish phones only. Or pay the $600+ for a new device and use that.

even Asurion if you bought the insurance replaces with second hand junk when they have to.

Not many options you will like.

Good Luck

0 Likes
My brand new phone needs to be replaced but i dont want a referbished one
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

A 5 month old phone is not a brand new phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Neither is your car as soon as you drive off the lot. Its all in perception

demmo86rt wrote:

A 5 month old phone is not a brand new phone.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I was going to say that, but people always complain when you compare a phone to a car 

budone
Legend

If you do not want a refurbed phone, contact the manufacturer and send your device there to be repaired. You will either have to place an old device on the line while the phone is being repaired or be prepared to be without a phone for a few weeks.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup that's for sure..that's why it's nice to have BACK UP mine is my Droid X it might set me back to 3G but if I need to use it It's better than another purchase, And it fills in the line.. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having a reliable device ILOVEMYTANKER89! Are you experiencing these difficulties in more than one location? Did you reload all the same apps after the reset? Has it been determined that it needs to be replaced? If so, please be assured the replacement devices are of the highest quality. As an additional option, we have seen success with this model when the SIM tray is replaced. Have you tried reaching out to HTC?

http://tiny.cc/4oqv3w

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Eric72
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't believe them, I had to return two refurbished back to them.  I then purchased a new Galaxy SIII.

0 Likes
Eric72
Enthusiast - Level 3

They will send you a refurbished one rest assured.  Here's how to beat them at their game.

Go to any local Verizon phone store and sign up for $21.05 for GRIP & New Policy.  You will get a new phone for the discounted price(any phone that you want).  They will take your old phone, must be in good working condition. You don't even have to extend your Verizon Contract.  Once you have your new phone you can cancel the GRIP contract or keep it. I would keep the contract, this way you can walk into any Verizon Store and get a new phone anytime you want for the discounted price. (NO EXTENSION ON YOUR CONTRACT).  Verizon Stores are independent contractors and will explain all the details to you. 

0 Likes