My menu button changed after software update?
rovnerk
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I hit the bottom left button on my S4 the menu button it doesnt bring me to settings option anymore I dont even know what happened.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My menu button changed after software update?
Tidbits
Legend

Google design change everyone has to follow. It's now the recent app button. Menu button is now called an action button which should be in your apps. You may either have to hold down the recent app key or there is going to be a action button(3 vertical dots).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rovnerk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know how to reset the phone so the menu button acts like it originally did?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Google design change everyone has to follow. It's now the recent app button. Menu button is now called an action button which should be in your apps. You may either have to hold down the recent app key or there is going to be a action button(3 vertical dots).

0 Likes
rovnerk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for replying.  When I hold it down it now take me to Google search.  Not a fan of these changes

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Not many people are. Google is trying to make everything more uniformed regardless of manufacturer.

Are you trying to get into settings settings? Or when you are in an app settings?

0 Likes
rovnerk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just trying to get into settings.  I did the update and the whole change threw me for a loop. Not the most savvy when it comes to this stuff.  Wasnt really looking to do anything other than look for what I was use to

0 Likes
rovnerk
Enthusiast - Level 2

More relaxed knowing at least now what happened.  Thanks. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

To get into settings drop down the notification shade. There should be a gear you can press.

0 Likes
rovnerk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep. I got it.  Thanks again.  Enjoy the weekend