My phone contacts are displaying incorrectly, randomly switched or mixed up with other contacts. Why is this? How can I fix this?
jark219

My phone contacts started displaying incorrectly, randomly switched or mixed up with other contacts. Why is this? How can I fix this?  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, with recent update to Marshmallow 6.0.1.  This updated has caused several issues, including this issue, major battery drainage issues, wi-fi  connections issues, instability.  Please help in addressing these issues. I have searched extensively through forums and online, and have been unable to find any fixes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone contacts are displaying incorrectly, randomly switched or mixed up with other contacts. Why is this? How can I fix this?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are the contacts saved? Are they under your Google account or the Verizon Cloud or another account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: My phone contacts are displaying incorrectly, randomly switched or mixed up with other contacts. Why is this? How can I fix this?
jark219

I have most of my contacts backed up to my Google account, however, I have a few other accounts, including the Verizon Cloud. I don't use the Verizon Cloud so I recently went in to the Cloud app and was clearing out some junk and disabling it from backing up anything other than the photos/videos I currently have in there.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can go into your Google account from a computer and clean up and merge contacts as needed.  With other multiple accounts on the phone, I would suggest going through and joining the contacts for the same person so they appear as one listing.  I have done this with multiple devices through numerous updates and didn't have an issue.

If you don't use Verizon Cloud, I would suggest removing all contacts from that service.  You might want to do it from a computer as well as well as disabling it on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes