My phone will not charge, with any of my chargers!? WHY
MFClark0819

My phone has not been charging and I have no idea why. None of the chargers I have work. I do not sleep with my phone by me so there is no way the charger port is messed up. Has anyone had this problem? I have a galaxy S4.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone will not charge, with any of my chargers!? WHY
kay_dee_gee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try taking the back off the phone, remove the battery for a second then put back in and put cover back on. Try charging again. Sometimes, phones with removable covers allow static build up between the battery and charging ports. Basically, it just bounces the charge back & forth but can't charge. Lots of times, the battery heats up and if it happens often, can actually damage the battery.  Static build up is caused (mostly) by keeping phones in pockets, pants, coats, sweatshirts.. or even in/out of purses or any other fabric lined anything.  This is also what drains battery life. (The only downfall of removable batteries). Anyway, just get in the habit of removing the battery at least once every couple of days OR at anytime that u feel the battery getting hot. Good luck!

0 Likes