My phone won't charge unless in safe mode or it is off.
Darvyjones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an HTC One M8, and every time I connect my charger, I get a message saying "Cannot charge phone while in USB host mode." On top of that, a weird screen pops up seemingly randomly or when I attempt to text someone, almost like it's trolling me. Here is a screenshot of the occurrence: http://i.imgur.com/Sym6eeO.jpg. I also did a factory reset yesterday which didn't help at all. This has been happening for a week now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone won't charge unless in safe mode or it is off.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darvyjones,

Let's get you up and running with your phone. Thank you for all of the troubleshooting that you have done. When you reset the phone did you chose to have everything backup and come back immediately. If you did do this it can bring the potential issue back by loading all applications back. Please run your phone in Safe Mode and provide the results to us http://vz.to/1lTfoYv

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

Darvyjones
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply, Robin. Putting my phone into safe mode aloud me to charge my phone until tonight. All the sudden, that's not working. I did back up my phone, however I made sure that the problem was still happening before I did. In other words, the problem was happening directly after the reset.

On a side note, I had to search my own topic just to see this reply, I had no notification saying there was a reply to my question. This is a little issue, perhaps looking into it would be worth it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying tha DarvyJones. Does the device charge with a different charger? Did any applications get reinstalled after the Factory reset? What software version is on the device?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Darvyjones
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Joel,

I have used one other charger with success, however that was when my phone was in safe mode. I didn't think to test the other charger without safe mode. I will try as soon as possible. Thanks for bringing up applications being re-installed. The application "Zoe Beta" installed itself on it's own and repeated to re-install itself at a seemingly random time after uninstalling it. I also went through every application and made sure that none of them could be uninstalled, so I assume they are all factory applications. My android version is 4.4.2.

Thanks again for all the help.

0 Likes
Darvyjones
Enthusiast - Level 2

Edit: Android version 1.55.605.2 CL326752 release-keys

0 Likes