My razr maxx hd is stuck in red eye
AmandaR76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Can't get to the blue screen everyone keeps talking about. I can get to the dead Android but nothing happens when I do the down up release thiing all the forums suggest. How can I get to the blue screen to clear cache?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My razr maxx hd is stuck in red eye
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
AmandaR76
Enthusiast - Level 2

II finally got into the blue clear cache screen and selected it and it just ended up in the red eye mode again...I waited about 10 minutes. Just tried again and chose reboot system and it's on red eye again for about 3 minutes so far...any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you cannot get into the recovery mode to wipe the phone and reset it to factory....IDK.  Those phones were hardcore and tough to kill.  Do you have warranty or extended warranty?

0 Likes
AmandaR76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Just hit the factory reset. Sucks to wipe it but if it saves the phone. I've already had it replaced once. Contract is up next month so will be able to upgrade. Was hoping to hold off getting new one until then.... Rebooting now. Will see if it worked.

AmandaR76
Enthusiast - Level 2

still nothing...stuck in red eye and tried to reboot twice after factory reset.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, you can still try the warranty repair/replace.  You can also use another phone if you have one until upgrade time.  If you go the route of a trade in, you'll need the phone working though.

0 Likes
AmandaR76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm hoping they will make an exception and let me upgrade early since it's already been replaced once and my upgrade is a month away. So frustrating because they don't even sell these phones anymore and half the time my texting won't send or go through and picture downloads take forever. It is slow, reboots randomly and now this. I would hate to have to pay the deductible to get it replaced again when I'm supposed to have an upgrade next month.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, no doubt, but DO NOT count on an early upgrade 1 month early.  MAYBE, but they view that as a 23 month contract instead of a 24.

0 Likes