My signal strength is 1 bar at best, what can I do to improve signal strength?
JEFHIG94
Enthusiast - Level 1

My signal is 1 bar at best, what can I do to improve signal?

Labels (1)
Re: My signal strength is 1 bar at best, what can I do to improve signal strength?
rcschnoor
Legend

JEFHIG94 wrote:

My signal is 1 bar at best, what can I do to improve signal?

At your home? At your work? Everywhere? You need to be a bit more specific.

0 Likes
Re: My signal strength is 1 bar at best, what can I do to improve signal strength?
JoshuaWantsHelp

I have like 4-5 bars UNTIL I make a call, then it drops right down to 1 bar, and the quality is terrible. Why would my signal change when I make a call? Please help.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What kind of phone (make/model) do you have?  Are you making a cell or WiFi call (is WiFi calling active)?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
JoshuaWantsHelp

Verizon 4G LTE

I don't know how to activate WiFi calling but I turned off WiFi and it still did the same thing.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You might check out one of the signal strength apps and monitor it while making a call.  And it would still help us if you identify your phone make/model.

0 Likes
JoshuaWantsHelp

Thanks for the dialogue.

My model number is:  VS425PP

Does that help?

Is there a specific signal strength app you can recommend?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Network Cell Info Lite is a good one.

0 Likes
JoshuaWantsHelp

Okay, I have it. Thanks. What info should I relay that may help resolve the issue?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Are you able to see the signal strength before a call and during a call?  Call Technical Support and ask them about it 800-922-0204 or *611. You may have to have them escalate it to the next level or have them open a ticket with another group.

0 Likes