NOKIA3V/ VERIZON
NOKIA3VCELL

RECENTLY BOUGHT A NOKIA 3V. HOW CAN I CHANGE THE DEFAULT AREA CODE BACK TO THE ONE I HAD WITH MY OLD PHONE? I DON'T WANT TO MANUALLY EDIT MY EXTENSIVE CONTACT LIST. ALL CONTACTS THAT DON'T HAVE A GIVEN AREA CODE, ASSUME THE NEW AREA CODE OF MY NEW CELL# AND DON'T GO THROUGH THEREBY MAKING ME EDIT THE # WITH THE OLD  AREA CODE?

THANKS

0 Likes
Re: NOKIA3V/ VERIZON
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We certainly understand not wanting to have to edit all your contacts and are here to help! To clarify, did you get a new phone number when you switched to the new phone? *Stanley

0 Likes
NOKIA3VCELL

HI STANLEY, THANKS FOR REPLYING.

YES. I JUST NEED TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT AREA CODE THAT CAME WITH THE NEW PHONE AND NUMBER TO THE OLD AREA CODE THAT I HAD WITH NY OLD PHONE AND NUMBER WHICH CONSTITUTES THE BULK OF MY CONTACTS.

THANKS FOR THE HELP,

DAVE

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to help, please reach out via Facebook or Twitter for assistance. *Gen

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NOKIA3VCELL wrote:

HI STANLEY, THANKS FOR REPLYING.

YES. I JUST NEED TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT AREA CODE THAT CAME WITH THE NEW PHONE AND NUMBER TO THE OLD AREA CODE THAT I HAD WITH NY OLD PHONE AND NUMBER WHICH CONSTITUTES THE BULK OF MY CONTACTS.

THANKS FOR THE HELP,

DAVE

You will need to change your entire phone number to one with the area code you want. You should be able to request phone number change in your MyVerizon account online if you have a postpaid account. I'm not sure what the process is if you are a prepaid customer. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You really should consider changing your contacts to include the area code. Many locations require people to dial all ten digits to make a call. Also if you travel to a another location with a different area code you could potentially call random people and not the people you want to call. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes