NOTE 7 RECALL
ORTHO

The Note 7 has a recall due to batteries exploding what should I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NOTE 7 RECALL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help ORTHO. On 9/2/16, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Samsung Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through 9/30/16, we are waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wish to return or exchange it.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RECRUITER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same question, only had this 2 weeks, like most others.  My battery felt warm yesterday after charging...I want another, but will it be new?  That is if verizon will say something!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help ORTHO. On 9/2/16, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Samsung Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through 9/30/16, we are waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wish to return or exchange it.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

getting warm is dependent on how it's being used....gaming, videos will warm it up.

35 were affected, if it were me & the battery wasn't getting hot i'd probably keep using it.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fast Charging and general usage of the phone will warm the device up. Normal function of electronics.

Talk to Samsung, who has stated they will replace or repair all affected phones. Verizon may also be handling the recalls via your local stores, although it may take a few days to get those programs spun up to exchange phones on the spot.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

This is literally at the top of the Android topic page on this forum.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Recall

Go to your local corporate store and talk to them. 

0 Likes