Navigator and Google Maps
ozoneman2020

As we are all aware Navigator has disappeared after last weekends Google Maps update. My first call to support assured me that Google Maps would function just like the Navigator front end that Verizon had preinstalled on my device. Well thats not true! More selections to make and guess what NO VOICE GUIDANCE! Thn I get home and open my current billing statement containing an insert hyping VZ Navigator for 4.99 a month. A second call to support verified yes I did lose a feature that was preinstalled when I purchased my device and now I would have to pay to restore this functionality, they blame it on Google. I call BULLSHIT it was an addition that Verizon added to Google Maps! This is just a ploy by Verizion to extract more money from us since they can't raise the rate on our contracted plan. Verizion you owe me a rebate for the finctionality you took from me or you should give me VZ Navigator for no charge, oh they think I should be happy with a 30 day free trial, well I am not happy Verizon!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Navigator and Google Maps
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Voice guidance still works in the Navigation mode within the Google maps app. In fact I used it today.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ozoneman2020

I guess your lucky it doesn't work on my device and I tried it today. It may be related to the device phone or tablet.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which device do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Navigator and Google Maps
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Verizon has absolutely NOTHING to do with Google Maps.  Verizon did NOT add in the navigation portion for Google Maps.  In fact, if you uninstall the update to Google Maps, the separate icon will reappear.  Verizon has ALWAYS pushed their VZ Navigator, regardless of whether or not Maps had an extra icon. 

I'd be willing to bet that you have either muted the Nav volume or you have your media volume turned down.

Oh, and they don't owe you any sort of rebate because they did not remove any functionality from your device.

ozoneman2020

I have a Galaxy 10.1 tab. I tried to roll back the updates and all that did was completely uninstall Google maps. Be this as it may I am still without a functionality that was part of what I purchased when I bought this device, Google, Verizon I don't care who put it on there I bought it with it and I want it back. Oh by the way demmo my phone with google maps didn't have navigator.e

0 Likes
Tymme

Navigator still exists; it just doesn't have a seperate icon any more.

Go into maps.  Enter the destination address.  Tap on the car icon in the lower right corner to bring up the address in Google Now.  Once you choose your route, tap it and hit Navigate in the lower right corner..

0 Likes
ozoneman2020

Thanks demmo86rt, after the third reboot this morning Google Maps reinstalled and Navigator reappeared. I still feel that something fishy is going on but I have everything back to normal. Tymme go back and read my original post the functionality is not the same, atleast on my device, the point was they took away functionality without my permission sorta like I sell you a new car with chrome wheels then later I come and put painted wheels on you car because the manufacture dosent have chrome wheels on its new model. Would you say"thats ok they still roll" I dont think you would like it one little bit but I don't think you would know there was any difference. LOL

0 Likes