Need help with my LG Ally
tamgarman

I love my new Ally the only thing I can understand is whenever I get a picture message or an animated picture message it will not be animated and if there is a text message with it, it will not let me read it. It will flash the message than it will go away. Anyone have any suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need help with my LG Ally
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

animation is not supported on the phone 

0 Likes
tamgarman

Thank you for the reply.  Not to happy to hear that animation is not supported on this phone.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

tamgarman wrote:

Thank you for the reply.  Not to happy to hear that animation is not supported on this phone.

You are welcome. Actually I think all android phones don't support animation. My phone (g1) doesn't even support animation. Animation *may* be included in the 2.2 update or in the feature updates to come

0 Likes
myk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, I have a contrary response to those who have posted before me.

I dont use the native messaging app, I use Handcent SMS, and was able to recieve and play animated pictures.

Don't know if its because I am running 2.2 on my Ally, or if its just the app itself. I'm an android developer, but haven't taken a look into the 2.2 platform quite yet. So you can try installing that app, see if it helps, otherwise just wait for your 2.2 OTA

Hope I can help

Myk

LG Ally 2.2, HP Mini 110-1046NR, LG Fathom, enV Touch

0 Likes