New Droid User
MTXThunder9500

New droid user here with some issues that i dont really like but i dont if they are common or not.  first of all can you add more than one gmail account or do you only get to add the one that you have at the beginning when you set up the phone and any other eamil you add you have to just add that under the mail icon or can you do it so you have more than one gmail icons.  Next question is while trying to put some stuff on the sd card i was having problems with the phone staying connected to the computer its almost like the plug is really really sensitive to movement.  the other problem i had is while i was charging it and using it at the same time the phone would stop charging and the LED would blink orange and green and the battery would have an exclamation point over it what does that mean i cant find a pic of it in the manual to tell me what thats about.  thanks for the help

chad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Droid User
MTXThunder9500

anyone have any input on any of those questions help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

I have two Gmail accounts on my Droid. And another POP3 email account from another provider.

0 Likes
Normw2009

You can have two or more GMail accounts under the GMail ICON - open Gmail, press the menu button, press 'Accounts', then see the button at the bottom 'Add account' and press it.  As mentioned by another post, you can also add one of more internet POP accounts to the 'Email' application, and GMail can be setup as a POP account.  On my phone, I have two Gmail accounts under the GMail application (ICON) and three email accounts in the 'Email' application (ICON).  All work perfectly.

In establishing a connection to your computer so you can add files to the SD car on the phone, you have to connect it via USB, then pull down the screen on the DROID (notification area) and on the notification regarding the USB connection, select 'Mount'.  That will establish the DROID as a mounted drive to the computer.  At that point you should have the DROID showing as a 'removable drive' on your computer.  However, how this works is a bit dependent on the computer (is your USB type 2, etc.), the operating system you are using (XP, VISTA, WIN7, etc.) and as you suggested, the reliability of the USB cable and connection.  You might indeed be having a physical-connection issue from a bad cable or from a defective USB jack on the computer (seems most likely because of the charging issue you are also having).  IF the DROID continually connects and disconnects, that is likely the problem.  There might also be an issue on your computer with memory allocation to the USB connection if you have minimal memory (1GB, etc. with VISTA or WIN7).

Because of the error messages you are getting with the DROID (charging light / battery indicator), I would suggest you try another USB cable and if the problem persists, try to check out the USB port on your computer (test it with some other USB connection and carefully wiggle the connector or something similar).

0 Likes