Re: New HTC One
ohredwood
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have the OG DINC. This was my first smart phone, absolutely loved it. I have managed to keep it on life support with JB 4.2 Though it's hardware is showing it's age. It's gotten a little klunky, slow and well just getting old. I was a gnats hide away from getting teh Inc 4g, but I kept waiting on it getting dev support so long that I started seeing rumors on the DNA, and I had to explore it more. When I saw it was 5 inches, and no sd card, with somewhat small drive space, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I really don't want to leave Verizon, have had so many friends or colleagues on other carriers, complain about service. I can't complain about service. I don't think VZ is the cheapest game in town, but I don't think the other carriers are tremendously that far behind in prices either. I still have unlimited data, but would seriously consider throwing it to the wind, if I had too. I typically use wifi so much, it's been faster than 3g. That I use maybe a gig a month, and a couple months close to 2 gigs when I didn't use wifi.

Anyway, I've had my eyes on the M7 for sometime now, the specs sounded really nice, to me it sounded like the INC 5. Then they named it The One, whatever they want to call it, it's about the only thing that has peaked my interest phone wise. I really hope it makes it to Verizon and before too much longer. I'm ready to put my dear ole INC to bed...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i also had the original inc. when my brother's sony shattered, i factory reset my inc and gave it to him. he's still using it now, and it runs pretty smooth....STILL. that was a great phone. i believe it's almost exactly 3 years old....lol.

taxandspend
Enthusiast - Level 3

"I have been a VZW customer back when they were Bell Atlantic, over 15 years. "

Same here - when it was NYNEX Mobile.  I'm currently demoing a StraightTalk SIM in my Incredible 2 to see if T-Mobile is going to be a viable alternative.  I'm off-contract starting in May, and if I don't hear concrete evidence that they're getting the HTC One (or an improved HTC One), then I'll probably leave.  I had emailed HTC about this and they said that Verizon had decided not to be a launch partner for the HTC One.  Makes no sense to me.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

So last nite I wrote HTC and complained about the release delay.

Here's the response I got.

<Email transcript removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

In the email there was this link,

Check out our NEW HTC ONE and register early for $100 off your purchase price.

When you click the link it lets you select a carrier and Verizon is one of them!

In fact they're all there. I entered my info and then got a confirmation email about it.

I'm sure it's just an oversight on HTC's part, but who knows. Looks like end of April possibly?

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

So now we all need to hammer on Verizon and tell them to announce their intentions or....well I don't know...lol

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Last month I emailed EVERY person in a position of "leadership" with Verizon.  I professionally, but pointedly let them know how I felt and how I will be moving elsewhere if the device is not released.  Not one of them responded, but at least I know that I voiced my opinion.  We've got to stay on them!

0 Likes
jeffallyson23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did the exact same thing a month ago and only was able to get a call from

a regional VIP. Of course the only way we will know if they are listening

to us, will be if they do end up launching the One. And of course we won't

know of that until the day they release it or maybe a day before.....lol

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

This is interesting.. 

"Also of note is the fact that the Droid DNA has vanished from Verizon’s website, something first noticed by Droid-Life."

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/03/30/verizon-htc-one-launch-soon/

Soupy127
Enthusiast - Level 3

The DNA was out of stock this week with availability 3/28 I believe, but indeed it has vanished.  You can still see it on the overall Droid phone page.  I've been patiently waiting, while looking into other service providers to see the best option should I need to switch.  I wish Verizon acted like "number 2" and tried a bit harder for their customers in terms of our device offerings both smart and basic.  Even if they are coming out with an improved version etc... in light of recent announcements they could choose to let us know.  Maybe there is hope as all the competition has new phones on the way with related info on their websites.

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

You beat me to posting the article!  ..and now the rumors are all over the place.  When I talked to HTC yesterday, they had no denial at all of the phone coming to Verizon, but wouldn't say it would either... though the tech I was speaking to was certainly alluding to it being there...

This gives me great hope! 

Now just announce it already, so my blood pressure will go down!!

I'm not really up for an AT&T move, but I will if I have to.

Come on Verizon..do the right thing!  Release this phone!