Re: New HTC One
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

wayne88 wrote:

Oh OK so that memory deprived device is back. I was bidding the DNA good riddance now I'm disappointed again and less optimistic about seeing a truly great HTC product on the Verizon shelves.

Yeah, 11 GB of usable storage in the DROID DNA isn't very much to work with, is it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

If this horrid DNA is holding things up, then I really despise it (and Verizon) more than ever...

0 Likes
jlbora23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree guys seeing the lackluster DNA back seems like bad news and takes

away some hope of getting the One sooner rather then later. The fact that

the DNA launched 11/21 makes it hard to believe they would slide another

flagship on the shelves prior to the 6 month mark(5/21) as they typically

have lengthly contracts as to how long they have to let models run before

they can discount(usually 6/mo or more) and probably longer if the device

sells well. I doubt the DNA is breaking any sales records of any kind,

especially since it has no storage and very paltry battery life, not to

mention horrible UI in sense 4+, terrible button placement, and just a

touch on the "too big" side. It doesn't seem like its gonna be possible

that verizon will announce the One until after end of May. Unless they are

smart and realize what an enormous amount of money they could make by

releasing the One immediately and just discounting the DNA to $99 or less,

especially since for the past couple months the DNA can be had for $49/$99

on several 3rd party retailers.

Wake up Verizon Marketing Team! The only smart move here is to give

everyone what they want and stop being the last out of the gate with new

technology and stop relying on last years technology. Or I should say 2011

technology since they still sell single and dual-core smart phones. They

now have a reputation for having the slowest moving inventory and milking

out devices for way too long! And being way too selective in what they

carry. I think as we can see by the past couple years and the stance that

Apple & Samsung have taken that you can't have manufactures custom build

you devices if they aren't going to be better or up to par with what the

big dogs are building.

0 Likes
ohredwood
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tend to think that VZ is going to release a variant of the One. Let's face it, the DNA is kind of the go to phone VZ is carrying, for a lot of people. It has the bells and whistles, it's a beautiful screen. However, I wouldn't have it, unless they gave it to me for free, it's lack of memory, no removable battery, and no sd card, plus it's really a little bigger, that I am willing to go, so no thanks. But, if you discount that phone to 99bucks or 49.99, lots of people will scoff it up.

With that said, these other big 3 carriers that will release the ONE, you have heard back and forth that VZ may or may not be releasing it. I think VZ wants to be the big kid on the block, and be different. They might release the One right after everybody else but it might just have the red and black custom colors like the DNA, and an SD card, plus calling it the DNAPLUS, even though essentially it's a ONE, it's just enough difference that they will make some serious sales. That's my thought, and I know I've read on the interent, ramblings of this back in early march. I hope to %^&$ I'm right, that would be the icing on the cake for me. But if I'm wrong it's likely to be the kick in the butt I need to bail out. My contract expired over a year ago, so I have options VZ...

0 Likes
jlbora23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I think depending in how this whole thing goes over next month or two

will determine Verizon's fate for me. It seems like at&t is definitely

gaining on them a bit. March madness definitely helps them with nothing but

huge advertising right now. And it seems that they hold nothing back when

it comes to releasing every new good flagship device. LG, Sony, Samsung,

HTC, and Motorola. Verizon needs to move away from having Motorola as their

main flagship device and just have one from each of the 5 big players!

Including Sony, LG, Samsung, Motorola, and HTC for their android guns...

0 Likes
jlbora23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think HTC will allow them to take the HTC One as it sits and change

its name to the DNA plus for the simple fact its not a DNA plus IRS a One!

A DNA plus would have to be 5" or be something along the lines of the

existing DNA. I hope HTC stands their ground and tells Verizon to keep

their greasy paws off the One and leave the damn storage alone on it, if

anything add an sd card slot if you wanna make it up to your subscribers

you let down last year! Everyone needs to know the One as it is. Maybe an

exclusive red color for big red with an sd card slot and a nice 2800mah

battery or something, but no name change and stripping of the storage...

You don't see apple or samsung letting anyone change their stuff

0 Likes
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like the HTC One 64GB will be an ATT exclusive, no biggie to me though. Only need 32GB.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/50654/att-exclusive-64-htc-one

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Actually, the DNA is a very good handset.

It's the best droid out there. The reviews are stellar and most of the user reviews are good too.

Yes it has small storage and battery, but beyond that, it's tops.

Sure, I personally don't like the size, but look how many G-Note's and Note2s they sell as well as the G4 will be as bigger..

I am glad the ONE is smaller, but if you've seen the comparisons of the ONE and DNA on youtube, they are extremely close in size.

I highly doubt Verizon's version of the ONE will have a removable battery, or an SD card slot. They want subscribers to use the cloud which means more data usage.

Also, I actually think it's a good thing that new phones are coming out less frequently. Most of us after all, are tied into a 2 year contract anyway. As evidenced by the latest from Apple and Sammy, leaps and bounds in technology aren't happening either.

Manufactures need to take their time and knock it out of the park, so our phones don't "age" so fast.

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Well... I know that this may really mean nothing at all, but I called the Verizon retention dept.  I wanted to know how much it would cost me to get out of my contract, since I want the ONE.  The guy at first went into trying to push the Galaxy 3 and that the 4 will be out soon, how THE NOTE is really good, etc.  I told him that I'm an HTC guy, and I only want the ONE.

Surprisingly he didn't bring up the DNA at all.

He told me to hang on. My contract is up in June and there will be an HTC device out that will fit my needs before then, and that's all he could tell me.  So, I asked, does that mean you're getting the phone?  There was a brief silence and again he said that many people have been calling and complaining about Verizon not carrying the phone, and to hang on  Something will be there for my liking.  Whatever.  At least it's another little (very little, I know) hint that it may be arriving.  sigh!

..and then online, more of this:

Verizon HTC One Features Rumored

Adam Mills 04/01/2013 

The long-rumored Verizon HTC One, unofficially known as the HTC DLX Plus, has emerged again in rumors again today with a new leak suggesting its features which, if the real deal, look similar to the features found on the HTC One coming to AT&T, Sprint and Verizon.

Read: Droid DNA Returns, Verizon HTC One Plot Thickens.

Since HTC announced the HTC One in February, rumors have been swirling about a Verizon version of the HTC One. At is stands, only three of the nation’s five largest carriers are set to carry the HTC One at launch, carriers which include AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. However, rumors of a Verizon HTC One have swirled, especially this weekend when the Droid DNA disappeared from Verizon’s website, then reemerged sporting a new SKU.

Rumored specs for the Verizon HTC One have emerged.

Rumored specs for the Verizon HTC One have emerged.

While that may or may not be a sign that something new is on the way, today, we have another glimpse at what may just be the specs for the Verizon HTC One, also known as the HTC DLX Plus, a plus version of the HTC DLX which is, of course, the name for Verizon’s Droid DNA.

Noted HTC leakster LlabTooFeR, who has been accurate with information in the past, suggests that the Verizon HTC One or HTC DLX Plus, will be touching down with some high-end features that resemble the HTC One’s specs. This is not surprising whatsoever as rumors have suggested that Verizon will be getting the HTC One at some point.

Ads by Google

Verizon Official Site
Stay Connected on Verizon Wireless Official Site. Shop Now!
verizonwireless.com

Read: AT&T HTC One to Pack Carrier Exclusive.

He claims though that this will be the next HTC device which could mean that it’s the new HTC Butterfly 2 that HTC confirmed. He also says that the device is a flagship for carriers that did not receive the HTC One. So this could mean that Verizon’s device will come under a different brand name, perhaps the Droid DNA moniker.

Rumored specifications for Verizon’s device have leaked out as well, and here is what to expect.

• 1.5 GHz Snapdragon 600 Quad-Core Processor
  • 4.7-Inch Display with 1080p Resolution
  • HTC UltraPixel/2.1MP
  • 32GB Storage
  • 2GB of RAM
  • WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Android 4.2.2
  • Sense 5.0

These match up with the HTC One specifications almost perfectly. Unfortunately, there is no word on the design of the phone but given that it may be a different model than the HTC One, we could see something different from the full metal design. There is also no mention of a 64GB model, something that was deemed an AT&T exclusive just a short time ago.

Thus far, release date rumors have suggested that Verizon’s version of the HTC One could be coming a month or two after the initial HTC One launch but it’s unclear just how the U.S. release date delays have impacted Verizon’s model.

0 Likes
jlbora23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would imagine with all the people showing high interest in the One, that

verizon will eventually do the smart thing and give in. Unfortunately its

gonna be too late for most people I'm sure, as it probably won't happen for

several months and by then most of the smart HTC fans will have already

grabbed their 64gb variant from at&t.... That's about the best looking

option at this point!

Good luck to all those out there hoping to obtain the new HTC One!!!!

0 Likes