Re: New HTC One
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for your diligence. This has really got me aggravated because they know how much hype there is about this phone but they choose not to announce anything officially. I'm giving them until June as well, if there is no word by then it's perfect timing for ATT because my contract will be up.

wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

If it turns out that the next Verizon HTC flag ship has a 5" screen and is called the DLX plus, then it won't be subject to ATT's 64gigabyte internal memory exclusivity since it won't be an HTC One. If only Verizon has learned that 16gb (without any external memory) as the DNA has, will not do for many of us. I will be happy with 64 gigabytes only (not even 32). I find myself rationing on my Rezound with 16gb built in and 32gb on the replacement micro sd card that I put in. I am not eligible for upgrade until Sept. but if I learn that the new Verizon HTC flagship has less than 64gigs on board, I will early terminate and go to ATT.

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I'm doing the same with my Rezound..

I wonder made Verizon so incompetent in the past couple of years??  They have become very arrogant in the way they brand things and hold back choices.  I won't take some 5 inch thing either.  So, as stated before, unless it's just like the ONE, then I'm out of there (quickly) when my contract is up in June.  AT&T, look forward to a ton of new business!!

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

I can't take my Inc anymore. It's locking and rebooting and I can't group text.

I have a business account with 5 phones on it. All lines will be off contract by the end of April. If nothing happens by then, or is at least announced, I'm pulling all of them and going else where. I will NOT wait til the 3rd quarter or even June.
MODERATORS, I HOPE YOU ARE READING THIS AND PASS IT ON. ^^

If what Verizon said is true about giving the DNA six months. That is May, since it launched in November.

It is supposed to be on Sprint and ATT shelves on the 19th. Verizon had better speak up by then, or they will be losing customers.

The one thing I worry about the ONE is blink feed. I am not into social media and I don't need that. Some rumors say you can "turn it off" by making another home screen, but you have to swipe to get to it? What about the home button? Will it take me to blink feed again?

0 Likes
dno1176
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ive had the Rezound since it launched and and I have not had really any storage issues. I get the appeal of 32GB and 64GB but I just us things like Dropbox or just pull movies, songs, etc from the playstore or Spotify. Very little is actually on my phone that takes up alot of space. With all that said.... I do hope VZW does give the consumers the options of something more than the 16GB it did with the DNA. Honestly in this day and age where people take massive amounts of pic and videos and still do use the 'Cloud'  to its potential that 16GB seems small.  So, I am hoping to hear something soon. I really do want The One and or something REALLY REALLY similar and I want it on VZW but TMobiles no contract plan looks as though it may be cheaper for me and they ARE getting the One so even though I have been with VZW for about 10 years I am really looking at other options because of phone selection and price. I stuck around when they didn't the HTC One X (I really wanted that phone) then the One X Plux(ditto) but I may have to jump ship after this One thing.

0 Likes
31tudor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been following this thread for a few weeks and finally had to join in. I've been a Verizon customer for 25+ years (local carrier in the mid-late 80's bought out) and am so FURIOUS about the games I'm ready to jump ship too.

I'm a business customer with 8 lines so Verizon wouldn't miss me, but I NEED a new phone and after reading the negatives about the DNA I'm not risking it. I have absolutely LOVED my HTC Thunderbolt but cracked the screen and now have a few dark areas.

The HTC One seems to be everything I need and more, but my greatest concerns are WHEN it will arrive and HOW MUCH bloatware Verizon is going to shove down our throats with it! These ridiculous apps that are forced upon us that can't be removed without reflashing the phone are completely ludicrous. There are at least 10 pieces of bloatware that take up memory and storage that should have NEVER been installed!

sammc
0 Likes
31tudor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just received a "pre order email" from HTC. Interesting....

EDIT: Although I indicated to HTC that I'm on Verizon, Verizon isn't one of the choices. GRRRR....

0 Likes
Asch74

so did I. i clicked the link and i am not able to preorder for verizon. i called htc and talked to a rep she clearly stated that the HTC One is NOT coming to verizon but another HTC phone was in the works for verizon but she would not provide a release date. she stated that the reason the carrier list stated verizon is for the phone being traded in. really tired of verizon and HTC may leave verizon and get a completely different phone. tired of the run around by both verizon and HTC...

0 Likes
ogoshjosh

Well my contract is up, and I knew from the moment it was announced that the HTC One is the phone I want. Really unfortunate that Verizon is not going to carry this phone (and i mean this phone, not some altered deficient model they choose to release 2-3 months down the road), I was ready to switch to Verizon and get a good sized data plan with them, but guess my money is going to AT&T or T-Mobile now; not sure yet. Really wanted my money to go to verizon, but hey guess they don't want it. 😕

0 Likes