Re: New HTC One
sammc

If the unlocked version does work on the network, then does that mean that someone might be able to keep their unlimited data?

0 Likes
ohredwood
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, you would just pay the full retail price instead of the subsidized price with two year contract, so 600 or so. That would allow you to keep your unlimited data, I pondered it myself, since I still have unlimited data on my Dinc..

0 Likes
htc1fan

So couldn't those of us with upgrades "upgrade" to an iphone 5 (or similar) for a subsidized price, resell that, and then use the cash to pay for the developer edition HTC One? Might be a viable option if there's a phone with a high enough resale value...

0 Likes
Shepherd_Lover
Enthusiast - Level 1

31tudor wrote:

Here was the reply:

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting HTC technical support; I will happily assist you with your inquiry.

I want to start off by thanking you for taking an interest in our latest released device to fulfill your smart phone needs. To answer your question:

Our HTC One developing edition is compatible on these frequencies: - HSPA/WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz - GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz - LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz (US), please check with Verizon to see if their network frequencies fall within these standards.

I hope this information has been helpful, . Should you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. Our hours of operation are from 8am to 1am, 7 days a week for your convenience. You may also reach us by phone at 1-866-449-8358 or feel free to visit us at /www.htc.com/us for more information on our products.

That tells me that if I want a HTC One (non-Verizon-diluted) device I have to cough up $600+, but it will indeed work. This may actually be a solution for me, if I can pry that money out of my wallet. Guess I'll wait and see what VZW does.

The HTC One dev version will NOT work for LTE on Verizon's network.  Wrong band.  While it may be fine for voice and 3G data, its LTE band is specifically AT&T (Theirs is 700MHz, Big Red's is 750MHz).  Don't blow your hard-earned money on it. 

31tudor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Shepherd_Lover wrote:

The HTC One dev version will NOT work for LTE on Verizon's network.  Wrong band.  While it may be fine for voice and 3G data, its LTE band is specifically AT&T (Theirs is 700MHz, Big Red's is 750MHz).  Don't blow your hard-earned money on it. 

Well that shoots the **** out of my theory, thanks for saving me the headache! I NEED 4G!

I would have verified the situation BEFORE purchasing, but thanks for saving me the time!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

31tudor wrote:

Here was the reply:

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting HTC technical support; I will happily assist you with your inquiry.

I want to start off by thanking you for taking an interest in our latest released device to fulfill your smart phone needs. To answer your question:

Our HTC One developing edition is compatible on these frequencies: - HSPA/WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz - GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz - LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz (US), please check with Verizon to see if their network frequencies fall within these standards.

I hope this information has been helpful, . Should you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. Our hours of operation are from 8am to 1am, 7 days a week for your convenience. You may also reach us by phone at 1-866-449-8358 or feel free to visit us at /www.htc.com/us for more information on our products.

That tells me that if I want a HTC One (non-Verizon-diluted) device I have to cough up $600+, but it will indeed work. This may actually be a solution for me, if I can pry that money out of my wallet. Guess I'll wait and see what VZW does.

That is a GSM only phone.  Verizon Wireless uses CDMA for the voice calls at this time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Shepherd_Lover wrote:

31tudor wrote:

Here was the reply:

Dear ,

Both AT&T and Verizon have LTE on the 700 MHz frequency, they are on different bands and don't work between the two.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

It's just interesting that he would say that because that would put the date at April 21, 2013 exactly. That is two days after all the other carriers are reporting to have them or shipping them out. It also sets on a Sunday which I doubt Verizon would announce something then but possibly during the week of the 21st. Regardless if we had to wait another month for the phone, this would allow us to decide whether we want to switch or hold out. It would also allow us to get some insight on the new Motorola X phone that's rumored to be mentioned during Google I/O which is May 15-17, 2013. Decisions, decisions.

0 Likes
Shepherd_Lover
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

Shepherd_Lover wrote:

31tudor wrote:

Here was the reply:

Dear ,

Both AT&T and Verizon have LTE on the 700 MHz frequency, they are on different bands and don't work between the two.

That is an incomplete and misleading statement.  AT&T operates in the 704-746MHz range for LTE, and Verizon in the
746-787MHz range.  There is little to no overlap between the ranges, considering Verizon LTE is centered @ 750MHz.

0 Likes
SirAlderan

I've been googling "HTC One Verizon" for a couple weeks now in the hope I'd hear some good news.

Last week at a local restaurant I saw a guy at a table wearing an HTC polo shirt, and I couldn't help but ask him what he knew about the HTC one coming to Verizon. He told me they don't have a release date but that it is believed to eventually come to Verizon. I know, I was disappointed with that answer too. That being said, he had the HTC one on him and let me check it out. Absolutely gorgeous, blew my mind. It was running on T-mobile and really is everything they say it is. It seems even internally the details about it's release on Verizon haven't bee hammered out.

0 Likes