Re: New HTC One
random64
Contributor - Level 2

@mk7se, I've also had numerous queries and interactions with HTC customer service which confirm your assertion that it's not their fault -- they always said it's up to VZW to offer the HTC One.  Regarding the DNA, an even more pathetic realization is that even though I'd prefer the HTC One or even a DNA with expandable storage, I would go out and get a DNA tomorrow if they offered a non-expandable 32Gb version.  How hard is that?

0 Likes
random64
Contributor - Level 2

@pharoah,

My > 2yo HTC Thunderbolt has removable/expandable memory with a 32Gb SD Card.  It's almost full with my personal library of years of my favorite stuff.  At this point, I don't really care if my next phone has removable memory but I do need it to have at least 32Gb.  Also, while I may use cloud storage for some stuff at some point (I already use drobbox because that's how a lot of folks are sharing stuff), I certainly don't want to be FORCED to use it for all of my stuff, which is essentially what they are doing with a DNA which has 11Gb of usable storage.

That misleading best buy add is going to **** off a lot of people, hehe.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator for profanity

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Okay.  One more month to go..

I really hope they announce the phone..

I stopped at AT&T and messed with the phone again today.  It's just amazing!

What gets me is that they had their stock ready with the silver.  I just wanted to grab it and leave the contract immediately!

People all around me were buying it.  grrrrrrr...  May 22nd is my cutoff now.  That phone is everything I want a phone to be.. and based on where I work, I get a hefty discount.  It's sooo tempting..but patience is a virtue...right???

Anyway, they have all of my info and the plan that I'm going on to should I switch.  I just have to say the word and it'll be in my (greedy) hands!

Funderbird
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you go to phonescoop.com, they typically list when the FCC has approved phones for domestic carriers in the last 30 days. Galaxy S4 got FCC approval on April 1st, but there has yet to be approval for any HTC/Verizon phone. All other carriers got their HTC One approvals at the end of Feb (usually a 1 month delay between FCC approval and release to the market).

Note that they don't list phones that have been submitted to the FCC but haven't been approved. Hopefully the HTC One falls into that category. I would expect the FCC approval in to next 2 weeks if Verizon's May 22nd announcement date has anything to do with the HTC One phone.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/new.php?m=f

sgtsnell
Enthusiast - Level 2

IDK what's wrong with Verizon but they better get with the progam. I have visited AT&T 3x to check out this phone. I almost signed the contract today.This phone rocks! I have had my blackberry bold 9650 for 3yrs. My contract with Verizon has expired & I'm real close to walking out the door. AT&T has a rollover minute plan that can suit my needs. I really don't want to leave Big Red but they seem to get everything last.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Seems to me that if VZW was going to carry the HTC One, they'd let that info leak now.  Even if it is going to be delayed, wouldn't they want to keep people from jumping ship?  I've been with VZW since before it was VZW.  Back when the StarTac was the emerging hot phone!  My Bionic is up for upgrade on May 8.  My contract is up on Sept 8.  If VZW doesn't have the HTC One or better by then, I'm afraid I'll be jumping ship.  Not being impatient, but I want to replace my Bionic as soon as I can without having to pay VZW a severance fee.  Also, I don't want a Phablet!  4.7" is about as big as I'd want. 

0 Likes
Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

For those of you saying they better leak something before people jump ship..... They announced they would make an announcemnt on MAY 22, 2013 ... HOW IS THAT NOT OBVIOUS to what one of the members on here told us about what the verizon rep said to him?! I'm going to generalize it because I don't want to search for the post but it went a little something like this " after 6 months of life, the dna will be replaced with another htc flagship phone" ....This makes total sense because the end of life would be MAY 21, 2013! Coincidence?! I think not! They're going to announce a new HTC Flagship phone.

P.S. to also keep the ones jumping ship for the S4, it was just announced this morning that they are taking pre-orders and the S4 will be available MAY 30th, 2013. http://www.droid-life.com/2013/04/24/verizons-samsung-galaxy-s4-arrives-in-stores-may-30-for-199-aft...

0 Likes
random64
Contributor - Level 2

@fortheloveoftech, HOW IS THAT NOT OBVIOUS ...?

Well, I think Funderbird answered it with his Phonescoop info -- there's no indication from FCC, which would have shown up by now.  OTOH, if we are to consider that the May VZW announcement will be about something other than the SG4, then I'm more inclined to believe it might be the Nokia 928:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Bloomberg-Verizon-will-announce-the-Nokia-Lumia-928-in-May_id42255

0 Likes
Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

I can see Nokia and Sammy being in the announcement too.  I would like to point out that when the droid dna was found to have pass the FCC http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/05/likely-verizon-bound-htc-dlx-swings-through-the-fcc/ It was on Nov. 5 and it was released Nov. 21. 16 days or about two weeks after FCC was found out.

Soupy127
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then there is the Supercharged rumor

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/04/23/verizon-htc-one-could-be-supercharged/

Not sure I want a DNA shell with the HTC One features, but it may be worth waiting til May 22nd to see if there is any hope for an HTC ONE.  At least in my area, AT&T has good voice and data coverage and their plan options fit my needs real well.  I wasn't planning on changing carriers, but when I need a phone (been 3 years), I want something that I can live with for 2-3 years. 

Edit:  Just reading some hands on reviews of S4 ... not surprising folks leaning towards HTC One.  So sad we get the S4.

0 Likes