Re: New HTC One
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I agree.

Enough!

I'll gather up what I can and pay the cancellation fees in order to get this phone...

I talked to HTC and they said that they may release the same device, but built to Verizon's liking..such as red accents..

Just put it out like everyone else!

This may be the last straw with this carrier.

I don't want to move to Sprint, but I'd get the phone as it was meant to be built and keep unlimited data.

I'll then be immature and give the finger to Verizon every time I walk past it.  They've taken enough of my money and let me down one too many times.

jlbora23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like the easiest way to get the htc one is to just go to at&t and sacrafice network service and customer service but get the best android device currently offered. Or could wait who knows how long until verizon decides to get their act together and just launch the phones when they come out like everyone else.They seem to think its better or smarter to wait. People want the new technology and we want it now! Not later.... Make the smart move and announce that a week or 2 after the One releases on the other carriers it will launch on Verizon with the addition of a micro sd card slot and we can all be happy. And the DNA will still sell just fine to those who like the big 5" screen and dont care much for storage support or battery life.

dvl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know what you mean, I just get depressed when I walk into a Verizon to see what they have to offer and see nothing but subpar phone selections and an iphone (something I have no interest in owning.)  I want the best that Android has to offer but feel like Verizon is just dragging their feet to offer the best Android phone.

The DNA was a weird release to begin with, I had no idea they were even doing it until I noticed the signs while Christmas shopping.  I seriously thought it was nothing more than a filler release just to keep something new on the shelves.  Passing on the One is a huge mistake for them and it will mean I will probably hold onto my old original Incredible for another year, hoping Verizon pulls their <Deleted> next year and offer the best Android phone they can offer without having to add Verizon flaws to their phones.

<Post edited for language per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
mjandroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

LIke many of you I am very disappointed that Verizon is not carrying this phone. The DNA was not for me. I didn't like the style, the size, the 16 (11) gb internal storage, or the battery. I have the Thunderbolt. Need I say more? Also, I no longer want a Verizon droid phone and won't buy one. Verizon, are you listening?

I wanted the HTC one and yet you do not give us the option. I like options.

I Am one unhappy customer right now.

angelknight69
Enthusiast - Level 1

Booo Verizon, time to go to Sprint. WAKE UP VERIZON!

joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

lets not also forget the other latest cutting edge phones that Verizon has turned down, nexus 4 and lg optimus g. who knows when well get the galaxy s4. Im really getting sick of waiting for the next awesome phone to come out and then finding out that it is either not going to be carried by Verizon or Verizon dumbed it down and added its fancy red accents.

joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah that would be a nice surprise but everyone is saying that that is not a Verizon version. and id even be happy with a 32gb model just not the damn 16gb (11gb available) sh**

0 Likes
jlbora23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay let me see if I got this straight, Verizon took the HTC Butterfly and limited it to only 16gb(11gb to user) of storage and took away the micro sd card slot, then passed on the LG Optimus G, then passed on the Nexus 4. So now they are gonna pass on the Sony Xperia Z, and to top everuthing off Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T are all getting the phone of the year quite possibly the smartphone of the decade! And once again Verizon IS GOING TO PASS ON THIS PHONE????????? What is wrong with you? Now if you are planning on having htc add an sd slot and maybe a 2800mah battery to it and release it 2 weeks later, then great! But if you flat out pass on this your making a HUGE mistake!

jlbora23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wake up verizon or were all going to be switching to AT&T Its been over a year now and you have released very few new flagship smartphines for android. Better rethink the HTC One device or miss out Big Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

that was summed up perfectly lol. I can only hope and wish that Verizon is planning on releasing a suped up HTC One. given their track record though, I'm not going to hold my breath