Re: New KitKat battery issues
JS01

Same battery drain rate here post KitKat update.  Also on a 8 month old S4.  Haven't tried the factory reset yet.  Any updates on improvements after the reset?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JS01 We are sorry to hear that you're having battery issues since the recent update. The master reset allows the phone to function at it's factory default setting which helps determine the next step for resolving the issue. Some have found the master reset to fix the issue completely. This step would need to be completed before processing a relacement if that would be the next step. Once you try it please let us know your findings.

Sheritah_vzw

Follow us on Twitter

@VZWSupport

0 Likes
nicosiaperry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the Kitkat update today and my phone is very sluggish.  Doesn't scroll well/  Types letters very slowly.  Does not switch screens fast.  This is horrible and I loved my Note 3.

Please help!!

cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

Back your phone up and do a hard reset

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will find a way for you to love your Note 3 again. Have you tried rebooting the phone since the update? Do you notice the sluggish behavior when you're in particular applications?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
nicosiaperry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I performed a soft reboot, hard reboot and even did a factory reset.   Phone is so sluggish it takes so long to type a message.

I am really disgusted.

Can I send this phone back?

Thanks

Perry

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Scoobyshack
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have the same problem on a Samsung GS4.  Did all the steps ending with a Factory Data Reset.  The update is flawed, please tell us you are working on a bug fix.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow! If the full factory reset has been done but the phone's still malfunctioning, we can definitely check your replacement options. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me https://community.verizonwireless.com/people/jenniferh_vzw back so you can send me a private message https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613 with your name so we can get started.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're always working with the manufacturers to improve your experience, Scoobyshack. Which difficulties described in the previous posts are you having trouble with? Please share some more details.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Scoobyshack
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Which difficulties described in the previous posts are you having trouble with? Please share some more details."
1) Battery life - prior to upgrade I would routinely get 20+hours, I now get less than 5 hours
2) Battery overheats - at least once every two day the battery enters "cool down"

3) .5 Amp charger no longer sufficient - get message that advise me to sue Samsung original equipment charger but what it really means is that any charger less than 2.1 amps is insufficient to keep up with power drain.

4) Phone resets - perhaps related to the battery overheating, the phone randomly shuts down

5) Radio strength - I am getting zero bars in areas where I had reception before the upgrade, I am flipping out of 4G in areas where I used to get 4G, I am losing data in areas where I used to get data and as a result text messages are no longer sent

6) Bluetooth strength - losing connection to bluetooth head set when farther than 10 feet away from phone, where I would easily get the bluetooth signal at rated 15 feet and more often closer to 30 feet.

I have done all of the steps described by VZW support in these forums including Factory Data Reset.  In addition I tried most of the steps at this link http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/836936-update-problems-dummies-guide.html

0 Likes