New Phones coming to Verizon???
Bubblehead71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am up for a new contract and I too am looking for a Quad-Core processor with a screen that is not 5".  I think that the HTC One would be a great choice from Verizon, but what are they doing?  I mean, look at the differences between the DNA and the One.  The ONE blows the DNA out of the water.  I do not understand why you would not get that phone unless you are coming with something that is just as good or better than the HTC ONE.  And as far as all the Bloatware that Verizon is putting on the phones, it is all going to go away soon when the Government passes the law to make it legal to unlock all the phones.  Just stop putting it on now and keep the base-line product and let us choose what we want on it.  There are so many people out there right now that are able to crack the phones, that the software is usually out to crack it before or as soon as the phone hits the market anyway.

Verizon, wake up and give the customer what they want.  If you do not, you are going to lose this customer base that has made you the largest provider in the US.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Phones coming to Verizon???
budone
Legend

Many times other providers will pay the manufacturer to have a phone exclusive to them....ie ATT and iPhone.

HawaiiBKC
Contributor - Level 1

I feel like this is just another rant about Verizon not having the HTC One at the moment. Rather than the subject on hand.

What bloatware from Verizon are you talking about?

What does the law about unlocking phones have to do with bloatware?

again,

you should keep to your subject title rather than telling Verizon what they should be doing.

ON TOPIC:

I heard the DNA is a good quad-core phone.

Bubblehead71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally understand what you are saying with this.  I just wish that Verizon would get another Quad-core phone that was not so big and bulky.  The DNA is a good phone, do not get me wrong, but the size is a little too big for me.  I like the size of my Thunderbolt and it would seem that the HTC One is something close to what I have now with all the latest hardware upgrades.  The DNA just does not seem practicval with only 16GB of memory and no expandable slot. With the new HTC One, it is available in a 64GB format that would be much better for the everyday user to put music and everything else on.  Sometimes I just do not understand Verizon's thinking.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

As for the bloatware comment the OP made, the Government has stated revoking the unlocking rule may very well NOT happen.

I never have understood the issue with bloatware. Hide the icon, I am happy. So it is on the memory card, it is in an area we can not access anyway.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

The point that HawaiiBKC made was that unlocking the cell phone has nothing to do with bloatware.  I would assume that carriers would still sell the phones locked to their network, and unlock them if the customer meets certain requirements.  If that is the case, entering the unlock code does not magically remove the bloatware.  It only allows for the user to use a SIM card from a different carrier in the unlocked phone.

0 Likes