New phone and incoming MMS are lower resolution?
Sirebesq

I just switched from an LG V20 to a Samsung Galaxy A50 (same SIM card). My LG V20 received images and videos at high quality, but my new Samsung seems to compress the MMS messages it downloads them and the images appear much lower resolution. Is there a reason my new phone does this but my old phone did not? Is there a way to remedy this without having to go through another 3rd party app every time?

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
Re: New phone and incoming MMS are lower resolution?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone, Sirebesq. We want you to have the best quality pictures, so I'm here to help. What messaging app do you use on your new phone? Is it the same as your old phone? How is the picture resolution when you don't send an MMS?

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Sirebesq

Thank you for the response! 

On my new Samsung I just use my phone's built in Messages app, which is what I used on my old LG phone. I know using 3rd party messaging apps might work, but I'd like to try avoiding that if possible.

The picture resolution is alright when I take my own photos, and I've been told the resolution stays good if I send images. The issue is just when I'm recieving images.

I'm using the same SIM card too, I dont remember if I mentioned that before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to know your device options Sirebesq. Because many of today's current devices feature HD recording, your video format may need to be set to "MMS" for sharing captured videos. This option can vary between devices. Please use this link to view the setting for your device:https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-225190/.  Does this help you?  BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
Sirebesq

Hmmmm that article doesn't seem to show how to do that. That will just lower the quality of video recordings, correct? 

0 Likes