New version of message app
clpollock
Enthusiast - Level 2

My tablet downloaded and installed the latest version of the message app from Verizon.  Is there anyway to configure the screen to REMOVE  recent contacts from the display ?    It is just a duplication of my text messages. 

Is it possible to revert to the older version  ?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New version of message app
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Messages just updated to v. 6.0.8 and the split screen is gone ... wahoo!   Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clpollock,

We are so happy that you have reached out to us here, because help is our middle name! Let’s roll up our sleeves to get this fixed for you ASAP. What make & model tablet do you have? When did this problem start to happen with it showing duplicate texts? Does it show duplicate texts that you are receiving as well as duplicate texts you are sending?

To answer your question about going back to the previous version. You will check in the Play Store & open the app page, you should see an option to uninstall update. Many times you wouldn’t want to do that, but it could be a temporary fix until the next update to the app comes out. Please keep us posted on this.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
clpollock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for getting back to me I am running it on my Asus table (ME173X)  with Android Version 4.2.2

The display looks something like the attached image. I would like to suppress the recent  contacts since it is a duplication of the phone numbers displayed in message list.   Image1.jpg

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The screen shot shows you are using Chomp SMS, not the Verizon Messages app - or are you suing both?  Choose one as the default and see if that resolves the duplicate listing?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've seen a similar 'split screen' when using Verizon Messages on a tablet after the latest update (and no other text apps installed), and have noticed several others have posted with the same question, but no answer as of yet, unfortunately.  I've yet to find a setting that allows it to be turned off, and it's very annoying ... to the point that I may uninstall the latest update.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I must be blessed - I haven't seen this, yet, on my tablet or phone.  Now I've probably jinxed myself, although finding a fix may be easier if I can actually SEE the problem...and if tikibar1 hasn't found a fix...I doubt I would find one. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think it plagues tablets, not phones, based on the posts I've seen and my experience ... and I've actually seen it on two tablets.  Messages are on the left and recent contacts on the right, which results in what basically looks like the image the OP posted.  I'd post a screenshot, but you'd lose a lot in translation after all the personal info. was removed.

0 Likes
clpollock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry that image is not from my tablet -  I created it in paint to try to show you the problem because it was difficult to explain ..  

0 Likes
clpollock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you tikibar1  I have only seen it on my Android Tablet ( I also have it installed on an IPAD  but  I do not think it has been updated yet)   It is annoying and I would love to disable it.  

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just tried uninstalling the updates and then reinstalling, in the hopes that it was a quirk during installation, but it was a no-go ... the annoying thing is still the same way it was before.  And I hate it.