Re: New version of message app
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah, I had my tablet on airplane mode and when I enabled the wifi all the apps updated, and now I've got that split screen.  Individual convos show up on the right side when you tap the contact on the left, but the initial view is two columns of basically the same contact list/message list.  I can't seem to adjust the width of either side, and no way to disable.  This is an enhancement that isn't...I've liked Messages+ but this will take some getting used to.  I like having the full screen convo, the split view is, well, awkward.

So, who do we complain to so we can at least have the option of the new or old view?

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

aliem_vzw  - would you please review this thread and others regarding this 'split screen' and consider reverting back to the 'old view' whenever the app is updated (or at least provide the option to choose which view we prefer)?  Thanks.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or consider making the "split" sizable, so you can drag the split to the left or right as you would like.  I can see where the split might make it a bit easier to have two text convos at once, but I prefer the larger window for the conversation, and I really don't need the whole list of recent contacts taking up half the screen.  Smiley Happy 

Not applicable

HI Everyone,

Thank you for your comments and feedback on the split screen design. There is not 'fix' because it is a UI design, and clearly not a beloved one...  Smiley Sad

We hear you and we will be updating it so you have other options. I do not know exactly when the design will be updated, but if your app is set for 'auto update', it will auto update on its own. Thank you as always for your feedback.

Thanks,

ALIEM

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thank you !!!

0 Likes
clpollock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the response .  I will look forward to the update.  

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Messages just updated to v. 6.0.8 and the split screen is gone ... wahoo!   Smiley Happy