Re: Nexus 5
aaronZona
Enthusiast - Level 2

Big Red Bummer.

That makes 2 Nexus devices Verizon passed on.

Time to look for a new carrier...

mnovosel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Highly intelligent people running the company.  You can tell that a solid board room meeting with many people wearing nice suits and highly disconnected from anyone else make the decisions.

Loki13

Well I am with everyone else here once my contract is up I'll be going to another carrier Verizon has been trying to hard to restrict its customers more so than make them happy. Good Luck Verizon with the Iphone users most of the Android users will be leaving in the next few months.

0 Likes
openeyed01
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm thankful I'm off contract to. Makes this decision that much easier.

0 Likes
th3b3

I'm out of contract as well. I so sick of not getting a nexus phone. Tmobile unlimited is looking really good right now.  Why am I stuck with paying $649-799 if I want to upgrade my phone.  $349 is a great price on a high end device. Went to BestBuy the other day and laughed at the "Off Contract" price of the Note 3 for $799.00. I have to pay full price for phones because I have to (removed) if I want to keep my unlimited data plan.  Also (removed) if I want to pay $349.00 for a high end phone. No we cant do that we have to pay $649 for a GS4 or HTC One...Im sick of this Verizon.

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
wearehome
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have never been as tempted to leave Verizon as I am right now. How can Verizon possibly justify not supporting a Flagship phone that literally every other US carrier is supporting with no problems at all?

I am investigating all of my possibilities regarding leaving my contract early. Otherwise, when my contract expires in June, I will likely switch to AT&T of principle. It's been a fine 7 years Verizon, but enough is enough.

bwk5150
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem the people who run Verizon don't read this and honestly they

don't care one bit.

gkoeka
Enthusiast - Level 1

Michelle,

I am another VZW customer that isn't happy about the Nexus 5 not being on Verizon. I like VZW...

• Service is good
  • Plans are competitive
  • Our account is simple and easy to manage
  • Data speeds are great
  • Online interface is very intuitive
  • Customer service/store experience is enjoyable

Overall, we've been very happy with VZW.

However, the N5 is a great phone, pure Android is a treat and my Nexus 10 makes want to switch from iOS. For the above mentioned reasons, I really want to stay with VZW. If the carrier isn't going to carry the phone I would prefer, along with no communication as to why, it becomes difficult to justify keeping my business with VZW.

The Nexus 7 issue, earlier this year, is another example of the lack of communication. While yes, there was a statement it would come out soon, that is too vague for me. In addition, the trust factor that VZW will have it come out soon is less than confident for me.

If VZW gave better explanations AND it made sense from the VZW business perspective, then I might be able to accept the choice of no Nexus products and continue to folks in my area how and why I like VZW. At the same time, I can't imagine why VZW doesn't have nor show that it wants this program. Especially with all the media hype around it.

• Is it too much to ask for better communication from Verizon as to these decisions?
  • Is it too much for Verizon to work with Google on this program?
  • Isn't collaboration better than competition?

I hope that VZW upper management can see this point and offer a better solution for the Nexus program and Google moving forward. It would help attract and retain more business, that much I'm very confident on.

Thx,

Greg

bwk5150
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well said Greg they have yet since the Galaxy Nexus Debacle(my phone) give

any reason or explanation why they wont carry it.

0 Likes
Xeeros
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same rationale. Lately Verizon in my area has dropped off the gird anyway so my lack or service in addition to having a Verizon Galaxy Nexus that's gonna be probably 50 updates behind ever other Nexus device on the planet. I really can't want to put up with the BS anymore.

0 Likes