Nexus 6 Pre-Orders
tolucafreak

Does anyone know when Verizon will have the Nexus 6 for Pre-Order? Tried going to Google Play store but that failed quick because they sold out in seconds.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nexus 6 Pre-Orders
Imacellist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon hasn't said anything yet. My theory is that they don't want to take away from their Droid Turbo launch which happened today. The way Verizon thinks it makes sense, however they should know that anyone that has been planning on pre-ordering a nexus 6 will probably not change their mind for a Turbo. Either way I suspect that Verizon will acknowledge the phone and provide pre-orders soon. Only time will tell. I went on chat and asked but they said "they had not been provided any information about that device" so no help there.

Tidbits
Legend

No carrier for that matter said any preorder dates/times

T-Mobile is the only carrier said anything about a release, and not a preorder.

I think Google is doing a staggered preorder because they gave carriers majority of the stock available.  I think based on T-Mobile there will be no preorder and it will be first come first serve in store and online starting Nov 12.

droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah there was an review in forbes where the author stated that he was not allowed to do a full review on the phone until november 12th so that date must be go time.  Given the t-mobile rumor of being the 12th I wouldn't see verizon being that far behind/  I just hope they actually treat it like a nexus and not lock the hell out of it nor load it with their "useful" apps.  A rep at the store tried to steer me towards a g3, note 4, or turbo so I'm curious if it is either him trying to make a sale, or verizon reluctantly selling the nexus 6. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

With T-Mobile isn't a rumor.  They went on record on multiple occasion from their product manager, and also their press releases Nov 12th is the date for them.

They are trying to make a sale.  That's their job.  A product isn't out so they will try to get you another product. Sales associates do have a sales performance record.  If they sold out on the 6 they'll probably push towards the other devices.

Honestly I am thinking about getting the Turbo if I can unlock the bootloader.  Same specs almost, but better battery and smaller screen.

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

I understand that it is their job to do that.  It would have been different if I asked "I want the nexus 6 but do you have any other phones available?"  I wasn't interested in any other phones, just was trying to save that guys time and mine.  It was a toss up between the turbo and the nexus for me but after owning an nexus before I know that it can be tweaked and customized more than other phones plus it will be first in line for the updates...until next years model but still would be ahead of many others.  They may do a Developer edition of the turbo but I heard that it may not happen due to the low sales of the last developer editions of other phones.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

T-mobile, AT&T, and Sprint reps will do the same and try and sell you something else if something isn't being carried at the moment.  Their jobs is to make sales, and they can't make a sale without having something in stock.  If I ran a company I would expect my sales associates to show products similar or available over something that isn't.  Now if the Nexus was available then yes it's reluctance to sell the Nexus 6. 

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

Like i stated i understand all that

0 Likes
Not applicable

The Droid Turbo was announced 2 days before it went on sale. The iPhones 6 was announced 3 days before pre-orders were available and 10 days before release.

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

I doubt Verizon would do any type of preorder on this phone. Not announcing that the phone exists is stupid. A lot of customers would be willing to sign contracts to get this phone. Makes no sense that Verizon is the only carrier that doesn't want to say anything. I understand about wanting the Droid Turbo to get all its exposure but this is just getting ridiculous at this point. I say the Droid series needs to be released in the summer and not in the Fall. Release the phone in July so it's not competing with anything. That way we can all get what we want without any delay. Oh yeah, Google has announced that they will make more Nexus 6 phones available each Wednesday of each month.

"We are getting more Nexus 6 devices in stock as soon as possible. To make things simpler for you, we will work to make more devices available each Wednesday and encourage you to visit the site then."

Per the Nexus 6 device page on Google Play.

Nexus 6 (32GB, Midnight Blue) - Devices on Google Play