Re: Nexus 6 Pre-Orders
Tidbits
Legend

The only carrier that said anything is T-Mobile that is worthwhile. No carrier is doing a preorders. T-Mobile is the only one that gave any type of date. Google themselves gave no date for the preorders let along when they'll ship or even announce when they are officially for sale.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

What I seen as Well Tidbits when I was Looking into the Nexus 6

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That message popped up today. Verizon will carry it... If you don't want to wait there's 4 other carriers that are willing to take your business.

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

But why doesn't Google have Verizon on that list with the other carriers that say they are going to have the phone in November? Why does Verizon have to be last to get a phone that other carriers are going to have? I just think that it's a great opportunity for Verizon to have the phone available when everyone else is going to have it. Could be a chance for Verizon to make some money. That's all I'm saying. Not trying to be crucified for giving an opinion.

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

Well I have three ideas on what is going on

1.  Verizon is trying to lock it down as much as possible taking away what makes a nexus an nexus.

2.  The nexus 6 is compatible with every carrier meaning if they are not happy with verizon they can take the phone and jump ship very easily.  Yes the other phones come unlocked but not like this.

3.  They also released the droid turbo that has better specs than the nexus and my guess verizon had quite the influence on since the droid line is their baby, so they do not want any phones to overshadow it. 

I was thinking I may have to go through google play anyways to get the nexus 6 I want the 64gb version and I have a sinking feeling that they are only going to carry the 32gb version.  Just like there was two sizes of the droid maxx and they just carried the 16gb version (though I think they did sell 32gb but for a very short period of time).

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

I'm going through the play store as well. I've seen videos of Nexus 6 phones with Verizon sims in them and they worked as well no problem. If I can get it through the play store then I'd be one of a few people with a phone on Verizon that Verizon isn't willing to sell yet. That's the best thing I can think of at this point.

0 Likes
tolucafreak

Yeah the Play Store version will work with any carrier no problem. The only thing is that I really don't want to spend $700 outright for it. Edge program would have been nice, however looks like Verizon is going to take the pathetic route and mess up their version of the Nexus again. Guess I would have to start saving up and cut some other cost for this month...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They can't mess it up...

The PROBLEM there is only 1 model. Verizon can't change anything without having a new model and have it go through the FCC. That isn't going to happen.

0 Likes
tolucafreak

So my question is then...if the Nexus 6 is ONE model only. Would a non-Verizon carrier sold Nexus 6 work on Verizon? Because that could be another possible solution unless it gets locked upon activation at the other carrier

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

I don't know but feel like they are going to drag out this guessing game, with that announcement on the google play it makes me wonder for it is the 2nd time they left out verizon as one of the companies. 

0 Likes