Re: Nexus 6 Pre-Orders
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for repeating what I said.  I know they are pushing Samsung and sony but you have a moto droid turbo and moto nexus.  Seeing Verizon has exclusive rights to the droid line they are going to push it more.  But as I stated I am waiting until the 12th and see what happens then.  I may have to buy it from the play store anyways got a feeling they will not carry the 64gb version of it.  But time will tell.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Correct me if my memory fails me but I same to remember when the iPhone as an At&t exclusive at&t pushed that A LOT more than any other models they sold. So I expect Verizon to push their exclusives like ANY company would.

droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

And I admitted that in my comment doesn't mean it is not frustrating though. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

So why not just assume that it will be close to December before the phone comes out an save yourself some stress? Honestly I'm don't get the obsession with having a device on launch day.

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

Well the plan was for me to get the phone and give my old phone to my gfs sister since her phone is having issues if it wasn't for that I could wait.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

droidmaniac29 wrote:

Thank you for repeating what I said.  I know they are pushing Samsung and sony but you have a moto droid turbo and moto nexus.  Seeing Verizon has exclusive rights to the droid line they are going to push it more.  But as I stated I am waiting until the 12th and see what happens then.  I may have to buy it from the play store anyways got a feeling they will not carry the 64gb version of it.  But time will tell.

T-Mobile isn't pushing the Nexus device.  They kept everyone in the dark and only gave Nov 12 date.  No one knew if it was preorder or actually for sale.  So far only T-Mobile has even shown an inkling of what they are carrying.  Blue 32 and 64 GB.  That wasn't known 100% until this week when they put up their product page on Sunday.

What I speculate the 64GB model is going to be online only and is special order.  You order it through your carrier, but Google ships it them then they ship it to you.  They may have limited stock initially.

Honestly Google doesn't want to market the Nexus line.  The "geeks" are the ones hyping it up like there is no tomorrow.

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

Have you owned a nexus phone before?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have owned every single Nexus.  If you go back far enough you can find my initial post on the Galaxy Nexus 4G and how it will be treated differently when everyone said it wouldn't.

Google said this when they released the Nexus One(I am paraphrasing) "This is the Nexus line, this is meant for developers, and to show people what is possible with current hardware.  We will not stop consumers from buying them".  It is what geeks turned Nexus into something different.  Google isn't stopping people either.  This is why they are having terrible product launches, and limited stock.

Keep in mind I also owned the ADP devices which honestly what the Nexus came from.  The only difference between the two is that ADP needed a developers account while the Nexus no longer needed it.

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

So you know how customizable it is which is why I am set on it.  I like tweaking my phones heck I had JB on my droid 3 when it was only going to have the one os.  I understand that nexus is really not meant for mainstream which in essence is a catch 22 of this release.  I'm just excited to have a nexus again I'm like a kid at Christmas lol and Motorola is making it been waiting for a moto nexus for quite some time. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I know all about it, but I haven't rooted or even "customized" in a long time.  I am a developer, and a tech junkie.  I am buying the Nexus more for tech, and I am using the Nexus 4 for development for the most part.  Code for the lowest common denominator.  Next year I'll retire the 4 and the 5 will be LCD for me.

0 Likes