Re: Nexus 6 Pre-Orders
Imacellist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Basically the point here is not that they push other devices, but that they have ignored the device that matters to those here. Not only do they not mention it, but when google makes statements, Verizon is left out of the picture as well. We know the device works on Verizon, but some want to know if they can get it on contract at a discount, and when they will be able to. Google is also changing the nexus line to be more main stream, hence the carrier launches. If the current goal of the nexus line is just to show android to developers, then it would have stayed strictly on the play store. Moving to carriers with subsidies brings this device to the maintstream. Instead of bashing those that are upset that Verizon has made no mention, just understand that it is purely frustration that people like myself feel because Verizon is the only carrier that ignores the fact that they will be carrying it. We currently have no idea if it will be in stores, and if so, when? Verizon can put this info out there and push the Droid Turbo at the same time. I'm not saying it needs to be plastered on the front page, just that Verizon should tell us whether or not they will sell it themselves. Then those that really want it will know they will have to buy it somewhere else.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Imacellist wrote:

Basically the point here is not that they push other devices, but that they have ignored the device that matters to those here. Not only do they not mention it, but when google makes statements, Verizon is left out of the picture as well. We know the device works on Verizon, but some want to know if they can get it on contract at a discount, and when they will be able to. Google is also changing the nexus line to be more main stream, hence the carrier launches. If the current goal of the nexus line is just to show android to developers, then it would have stayed strictly on the play store. Moving to carriers with subsidies brings this device to the maintstream. Instead of bashing those that are upset that Verizon has made no mention, just understand that it is purely frustration that people like myself feel because Verizon is the only carrier that ignores the fact that they will be carrying it. We currently have no idea if it will be in stores, and if so, when? Verizon can put this info out there and push the Droid Turbo at the same time. I'm not saying it needs to be plastered on the front page, just that Verizon should tell us whether or not they will sell it themselves. Then those that really want it will know they will have to buy it somewhere else.

If they want more developers they had to find a way to get it into their hands better.  Some newly developers can't afford to dump hundreds to thousands of dollars.  With it going to carrier of choice it'll help alleviate the initial burden of cost.  Also this allows developers to pick their carrier of choice and field test their apps on daily use instead of just in the office because the coverage is terrible or expensive to have multiple carriers(I actually have 3 of 4 major carrier plans).

Also by having it released the way it is it forces manufacturers to push over the bar.  With the Nexus 5 manufacturers are pushing the 801 which is just an overclocked 800.  Google could have gone 801 and we wouldn't see 808, or 810 devices next year.  With them being on all carriers it forces manufacturers to do more.

Those who really want it will go buy it somewhere else.  We all know it is supported on Verizon.  If they really want they'll go somewhere else.  I would...  Did...

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

I'll never buy a Nexus 6 on Verizon after the Galaxy Nexus abomination. Noooooo way.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Too bad...

The Nexus 6 is no different than the others. Unlike the Galaxy Nexus which I said would be treated differently from the beginning.

Model numbers are the SME the whole way around. Galaxy Nexus had different model numbers even software signatures. That alone right there showed they were different. This time around there are the same all the way around. Google can't put in software to affect other devices on other carriers.

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for your developer work I know you guys don't get enough credit.  Google just did another round of preorders on the play store and it was snatched up in under a minute not good.

Tidbits
Legend

They only probably only doing 10K units at a time. Motorola doesn't have the resources to make Apple or Samsung like number of units. I am not going to bother for a while with the play store. I don't mind waiting.

Not applicable

firesafetybear wrote:

I'll never buy a Nexus 6 on Verizon after the Galaxy Nexus abomination. Noooooo way.

All of them should be the same. Droid Life got theirs to work on Verizon

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/31/nexus-6-working-on-verizon-out-of-the-box/

B33
Legend

Me too I'd go for a six month's pass let things simmer.. a bit.. like find wine it gets better with time..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Worked pretty good too.! 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am only going to speculate here...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/112218872649456413744/posts/akHWypRNEn3

Nexus 6 will be the same way, and a F*YA!

0 Likes