Nexus 6P Updates
yankeefan81

I purchased my 6P a few weeks ago, and downloaded an update before I even activated the phone at the Verizon Store.  That update got me to the January Security patch. I'm wondering how long it takes for Verizon to allow OTA updates for the security patches on the Nexus phones.  The March update has been out for a few weeks, and I would like to understand why I haven't received the OTA yet?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nexus 6P Updates
bearone21
Legend

a few weeks, 2 weeks or 6 weeks???

maybe it was part of what verizon did when you bought the phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

http://www.androidcentral.com/editors-desk-zen-and-art-staggered-release

Verizon has nothing to do with the updates from Google. They can't even legally stop them. It's called a staggered release.  If you don't want to wait any longer learn to use adb and sideload the update. You can find the update from another website like XDA.

yankeefan81

Thanks for your reply. For some reason I thought Verizon had input as to when an update was sent out. I did have a galaxy Nexus that I unlocked and played with a few years ago. I was trying to avoid having to do the adb for a while.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i thought it would be packaged with 601.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

correct February release was 6.0.1 with the security update.  March update was it's own. I would link where to get the sideload files, and the factory image, but that leads to the TOU on these forums and would be delete and I'd get in trouble with the mods Smiley Sad

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think it was mid March before I saw the security update on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
yankeefan81

So do you guys think its because I just got the 6P, and the staggered release just hasn't hit me yet.  Or by that same rationale, someone hasn't been triggered to send me the release yet because I just bought the phone.  I'm going to wait another week or so, if I don't get the update to Feb I will start side loading.  Thanks for the replies.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

When I got 6.0.1 on my Nexus 5X it took me 1 1/2 months. I ended up getting both updates minutes from each other

0 Likes
yankeefan81

All is well, I received the updates to March over the weekend.  I did try to email the phone manufacturer, but I don't think it worked.  I tried to use their web form, but received no verification.

0 Likes