Nexus Accessories available at Verizon even if the Nexus isn't
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Huh, VZW won't give us a date for release but they will go ahead and push thier accessory bundles on us.

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-accessories-pricing-pictured-forums

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nexus Accessories available at Verizon even if the Nexus isn't
rcschnoor
Legend

carseller0822 wrote:

Huh, VZW won't give us a date for release but they will go ahead and push thier accessory bundles on us.

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-accessories-pricing-pictured-forums

Let me guess, you are the "glass half empty" kind of person.

Instead of saying "Verizon is stocking accessories for the Nexus, they must be about to release it", you say this kind of stuff.

These accessories are not on the website, or in stores. How, exactly, are they PUSHING them on anyone?

0 Likes
MetalWych
Enthusiast - Level 1

Maybe he/she is just fed up with VZW's silence.  They are the only carrier that never feels the need to tell their customers anything.  AT&T announces the LG Nitro HD and releases it for sale a week later.  They did the same with the GS2 (and the new white one too), as well as the Skyrocket (yes, another form of the GS2).  T-Mo and Sprint also keep their customers informed.  VZW is the only one that, IMO, thinks thier customers are ignorant and should not be kept informed.

As to the accessories, I have seen them at 2 different VZW stores here in San Diego (I have already purchased a couple too).  So, because you didn't see the accessories doesn't mean they are not out there.

Now, VZW, I really hope this week is for real.  I have talked with 3 different store managers at 3 different stores who all say the release of the GNex will be this week (they would not say if it is Thursday or Friday...**bleep** Verzion!!!).  They edited da mn it...wow, I guess I won't use such harsh language next time!

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

store managers dont know untill 2-3 days before.. its not like they are just sitting in the back collecting dust, they havent been delivered yet

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

One of those appeared to be  photochopped...

The Galaxy Nexus has prongs on the side for docks why the need for a y adaptor? Also the Nexus has a curved design which looking at that dock is straight which ironically looks like THIS which is for the Stratosphere.  Unless they are reusing graphics I find it hard to believe they would forgo using the prongs on their dock, and not giving a MHL adaptor instead of a Y USB cable.

Also if you look at the bundle package item...  That could be legitimate as if you look at the picture of the phone the device appears to have ICS and no hardware buttons, but it still could be chopped and a lot better than the other one.

0 Likes
BurtReynolds
Contributor - Level 1

Seeing that Verizon disabled Google Wallet, one of the cutting edge features of this phone that made it a unique "Google Phone", I don't know if there is much to get excited about anymore. 

You are still going to have to take it home and find a truly "clean" version of 4.0 to put on it without the VZW bloatware, and then find a workaround for Google Wallet.  If you are doing that anyway, all the Galaxy Nexus offers is another Samsung Galaxy phone with decent hardware and the potential to have a usable NFC chip if the Android community can overcome Verizon's meddling.  I was excited for this phone, but unfortunately it is another example of phone being "Verizoned".  Just like my phone 8 years ago that had its bluetooth features disabled for no good reason.  I wish Google would take a harder line with the carriers on these type of things.  Want the Google Phone?  Then do it Google's way. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Tidbits wrote:

One of those appeared to be  photochopped...

The Galaxy Nexus has prongs on the side for docks why the need for a y adaptor? Also the Nexus has a curved design which looking at that dock is straight which ironically looks like THIS which is for the Stratosphere.  Unless they are reusing graphics I find it hard to believe they would forgo using the prongs on their dock, and not giving a MHL adaptor instead of a Y USB cable.

Also if you look at the bundle package item...  That could be legitimate as if you look at the picture of the phone the device appears to have ICS and no hardware buttons, but it still could be chopped and a lot better than the other one.

That's just the generic charging stand with the extra battery that they have for pretty much every samsung phone.

BurtReynolds wrote:

Seeing that Verizon disabled Google Wallet, one of the cutting edge features of this phone that made it a unique "Google Phone", I don't know if there is much to get excited about anymore. 

You are still going to have to take it home and find a truly "clean" version of 4.0 to put on it without the VZW bloatware, and then find a workaround for Google Wallet.  If you are doing that anyway, all the Galaxy Nexus offers is another Samsung Galaxy phone with decent hardware and the potential to have a usable NFC chip if the Android community can overcome Verizon's meddling.  I was excited for this phone, but unfortunately it is another example of phone being "Verizoned".  Just like my phone 8 years ago that had its bluetooth features disabled for no good reason.  I wish Google would take a harder line with the carriers on these type of things.  Want the Google Phone?  Then do it Google's way. 

Probably because Verizon (in addition to AT&T and Tmobile) are going with their own payment methods using Isis rather than Google Wallet like Sprint.  

0 Likes
BurtReynolds
Contributor - Level 1

Except "Isis" isn't operational right now as far as I've read.  Let users have a choice instead of having to turn to XDA in order to revive a built-in feature of the phone that Verizon can't even offer right now. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

carseller0822 wrote:

so you find a forum with a random member who posts some type of leaked photo, and verizon is "pushing" accessories on us? how do i buy? i can't seem to find these accessories on the website? where do i pay? 

here's the deal, some phones (iphone, razr, etc) are announced weeks in advance, and others (thunderbolt, etc) are not. i'm just guessing here, and completely speculating.....but it seems like the ones that are held up longer than the rumored dates, are also the ones they had/have issues with. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

BurtReynolds wrote:

Except "Isis" isn't operational right now as far as I've read.  Let users have a choice instead of having to turn to XDA in order to revive a built-in feature of the phone that Verizon can't even offer right now. 

The Nexus S on AT&T and Tmobile doesn't support Google wallet out of the box either with the Nexus S 4G on Sprint being the only one that has that functionality with no additional work iirc.

0 Likes