Re: Nexus Six for Christmas
Tidbits
Legend

It has been confirmed thousands of times the Nexus 6 works calls text and data. Just not activating the Sims.

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, it works on the system. Google made it that way. Verizon does not support it, if they did you would be able to call them say I have a Nexus 6 and they would send you a Sim but they can't. Why? Because the phone is not in their system therefore unsupported. So, you can lie and  say I have a Motorola X and take an IMEI from a demo phone and get them to send you one. All the Sim card is doing is proving your account.. Your constant comments prove you have no clue

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then explain why the phone can make phone calls? Send a text message. That is proof alone that Verizon has the IMEI in their database. If you know how CDMA works. If you say their new XLTE service. Well Hawaii doesn't have it so I fall back on CDMA for everything. So it disproves that.

So it is supported and you can get a sim. I did that walking into a Verizon store and got one. Walked in with my N6 to boot and made sure everything was set up before I walked out the door.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There's a huge difference on how Sims are used between CDMA and GSM and let alone how services are rendered.

Message edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

One more thing if the N6 didn't have the IMEI in their database... Then why can't I connect my N5 on Verizon like I do with my N6? Oh that's because the N5 IMEI have NEVER been on Verizons database. I can get Late connection and use it like an iPod but I can send or receive texts and I can't do calls. Go figure.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Wow auto-correct fail

I get LTE connection, but I can't send and receive texts. I also can't do calling with the N5.

0 Likes
jjkinfamous
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dude, I am a recognized contributor on XDA Developers forum and have been since 2010, stop trying to be a know-it-all, you are wrong on so many levels it just makes you look ignorant. First, there is a difference between Verizon supporting a device and a device being usable on Verizon's network. The Nexus 6 is the latter, it is NOT supported currently by Verizon therefore although it contains the proper radio bands to function you are not covered if your device has a data or voice outage, you are also not covered by their insurance and cannot be. The only way to get a nano-sim for the Nexus 6 through Verizon is to tell them you need a replacement for a device that Verizon DOES support and then ask them to pre-activate it. If Verizon supported the device they would have no issue with providing a nano-sim upon request, plain and simple, you cannot change that fact with all your dozens of posts. Now onto your Nexus 5 situation, that device simply cannot work on Verizon, it does not contain the proper radio bands to function on Verizon's cdma network it has nothing to do with IMEI at all, the N5 never had the correct radios within it, Band 4 although supported by Verizon was just released during the time of the N5 as thus didn't have more than a few towers utilizing it through Verizon and there was NO cdma support. Now in the future, do not argue for the sake of arguing, maybe research your points so they actually make sense.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Bull bro. There has been thousands of.confirmation even on XDA that you can use the N6 on Verizon. I am one of those people. You can't activate the sim but everything works. If you are a recognized developer then you would all too well know without the IMEI in Verizons database you can not do voice and sms. So I call you on your lie.

0 Likes
jjkinfamous
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you even reading these posts or just raging with no direction? I specifically said that the Nexus 6 works on Verizon, that DOES NOT mean it is supported, maybe try reading my full post thoroughly before responding ignorantly once again. The IMEI had nothing to do with the N5 not working with voice, Band 4 was only for LTE and since the N5 was not a VoLTE device it could not recieve texts or calls over Band 4, that is the reason your N5 functioned like an ipod with no voice services. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Nexus 5 supports block C(band 17) nice try through. Maybe you need to see for yourself. If the IMEI was in the CDMA database then everything will work fine.

0 Likes