Re: Nexus Six for Christmas
jjkinfamous
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm done arguing with you, you're clueless. Keep being a know-it-all though, I can tell from peoples reactions on other posts here that you aren't taken very seriously anyway.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Dude you are not a recognized developer if you don't know how CDMA works... CDMA in order to make calls and texts requires the IMEI in the database you can't argue that. The Nexus 5 had band 17 as well as band 4. It's an iPod because the IMEIs are not in their database.  Let's take this To XDA why don't we.

Shoot even Motorola proves you wrong. Some people said they have trouble with their Nexus not working on Sprint for example and even they said themselves they sent Sprint the IMEIs and they have not been input into the database.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also to top it off if you read. Band 4 in hawaii isn't active. So explain why my N6 works?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also with XLTE we should be able to do voice and data at the same time. I can't and majority of the people at my workplace with XLTE capable devices can't do that. Sounds like you need to do more research.

0 Likes
jjkinfamous
Enthusiast - Level 1

*Yawn*, dude, I told you I'm done arguing, it looks like you just love to hear yourself talk by the way you keep flooding the thread with multiple posts. Here's a tip, get all your information at once and make a single post. Either way, I just don't care what you have to say anymore man.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Of course not because you can't explain it.

My last post to you if you can't explain this

1. Why did my Nexus 6 work on Verizon for voice and text if Hawaii doesn't have XLTE yet?

2. Why does CDMA need the IMEI in their database?

There are other people in non XLTE areas having the same results I am. So explain how can that happen without the IMEI being in the database.

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

You may have walked into a Verizon store and you may have gotten your device set up  by a Verizon employee BUT the IMEI from your Nexus 6 was not used. You may have found the only Verizon employee who actually  cared and just took care of it. As a matter of fact, after doing much research to prove you wrongI have realized you are the only person  who had such an easy activation of a Nexus 6 on Verizon. That is why you are so skeptical  of every other post. Either that or you work for Verizon . Regardless you need to change your user name  to miraculous activation. I so wish there was a way to blacklist your replies . They are useless and misinformed.

Tidbits
Legend

Like I said earlier without the IMEI being in the database is would not be able to do voice and text. We DO not have XLTE here. So explain how can I do this please. As well as thousands of other users not in XLTE areas.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Now look if it worked with XLTE this would not have happened

Now watch the video.  When he places a call it uses CDMA and the LTE drops so he is NOT in an XLTE area.  So what now?  Actual evidence that shows Verizon has the IMEI's in their database or else he would not be able to place a call on CDMA.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/31/nexus-6-working-on-verizon-out-of-the-box/

So I expect an apology thanks much.  I am not the ONLY users out of an XLTE area able to do what this guy has done.  Like I said earlier.  The Nexus 6 doesn't not have the files currently to activate the sim, but everything works if the sim is already activated. 

So Mr. XDA developer, and you to sir please explain HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE IF VERIZON DID NOT IMPORT THE IMEI LET ALONE SUPPORT THE NEXUS 6?  I have yet to see a valid explanation other than XLTE, but things like above disproves the XLTE response. 

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Wireless

If you already have active service with Verizon, then you're in luck. Thankfully, Big Red only whitelists devices at the customer service level. It doesn't do so at the network level. That means that if you have an already-activated SIM card, you should be able to put it into any Nexus 6, regardless of place of purchase, and have it work just fine on your Verizon line of service. Just keep in mind that your phone will show up as "Non-VZW Device" in Verizon's system and thus, changing plans, getting a new SIM card, and other account changes will probably require a visit to a Verizon store or a call to customer care.

Here is your explanation from Android Police. So No Apology for you

0 Likes