Re: No 4G on Moto G4?
mama23dogs
Legend

I went back to Amazon and at least one person said he is using the phone on Verizon with LTE.

If no one has suggested it, the APN settings need to be set and SIM provisioned.  If you bought the US version, it has CDMA bands and should work fine.

0 Likes
kurt_stephens
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't work fine.  Got my phone on Tuesday, inserted the nano sim from my Droid mini, no luck on LTE.  Got a new micro sim from Verizon yesterday, no luck on LTE.  I'm not sure who is to blame, but from what I read in other forums it works on other carriers' LTE just dandy, but no dice with Verizon.  Using a signal app I got from the play store you can see it try and connect to LTE, then about 10 seconds later it kicks back to 3G and stays there. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

kurt.stephens​ you have to program APN settings.  The phone won't work out of the box.

Call tech support for the settings.

0 Likes
kurt_stephens
Enthusiast - Level 2

Program what APN settings? There's only one choice when you put a Verizon sim in....vzwinternet and the radio button show it as selected.  I've been on the line with support for probably 5 hours total now on 3 separate occasions, support is a joke.  You can do your own support using your device emulator, that's all they do when you call them.  They don't actually know anything unless it shows on their computer screen.

0 Likes
kurt_stephens
Enthusiast - Level 2

And actually it does work right out of the box, you just can't get 4G data...Verizon and Motorola have a problem with it connecting to 4G.

NiteNurse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Funny, my Verizon branded Moto G4 Play just started having the same issues today! It has worked fine for a month on 4G LTE and now it is not showing 4G anymore! Just grayed out. Don't understand what is wrong. I have not changed any settings or opened the back of the phone. Frustrating.

0 Likes
ROBLEV23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem is solved by upgrading Moto G4 to Android 7. Now no issues with LTE. Others have confirmed this works.

0 Likes