No LTE after update on Nexus 6p
likebutta

Hi,

After an Oreo update in September my Nexus 6p has no LTE only 3G, I tried provisioning using *#*#4636#*#* and noticed that while setting for LTE it stays on that setting for 5 seconds then changes over to EVDO/3G as default.

I've gone in the Verizon store  and changed sim cards and no change. This is consistent with everywhere I go, in state and out of state.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No LTE after update on Nexus 6p
bearone21
Legend

have your speeds slowed down??

0 Likes
likebutta

Yes they have significantly, also the APN settings seem to wrong. Can you provision the settings remotely to see if that fixes the problem

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

likebutta wrote:

Yes they have significantly, also the APN settings seem to wrong. Can you provision the settings remotely to see if that fixes the problem

Who are you asking? This isn't customer service, Just change them on the device. And you don't provision the way you posted.

0 Likes
likebutta

I understand this is the community forums, I'm asking if there is a solution for the Nexus 6p to regain LTE signal instead of defaulting to 3G.

Thanks for the help

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

change the preferred network type to Global or LTE/GSM/UTMS

0 Likes
likebutta

I tried that already and it still defaults to 3G. On all three preferred network types, actually only the Global and LTE\CMDA will receive work.  Also the APN settings are grayed out (not able to edit).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly an interesting issue, Likebutta, but we're here to help. Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps, such as a Network Settings Reset?

MatthewI_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
likebutta

Yes, I have tried resetting network settings but it didn't work. Can you provision the network settings remotely as well as the APN settings?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We love to help where we can. You can update your APN Settings, if you like. This is something that you can do on the Settings on your device. We recomend contacting the manufacturer for specific steps on this, as every device is different.

ElizabethC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes