No Nexus 5?
topherct
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really Verizon, no Nexus 5?  Sprint can offer the phone to their customers, but you can't/won't.  This is ridiculous...

Labels (1)
Re: No Nexus 5?
topherct
Enthusiast - Level 2

In addition, Sprint announced its updating its Galaxy Nexus to 4.3...

smhanse8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a customer of Verizon for 10+ years, but I'm sick of them not getting phones. I'm done, off to T-mobile!

Reichart67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm so tired of being a Verizon customer. Eight years I urged friends and family to join VZW; it was the best carrier. Now they are the last to push android updates, the worst at forcing device customization, and no N5? There is one thread left in the rope and I wonder if Verizon even cares about keeping their customers anymore?

openeyed01
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's the final straw. It will be nice to finally be free again with UNLOCKED DEVICES and nobody telling me what I can do with MY phone. It's not even worth keeping unlimited data anymore. Here I come nexus 5.

Sonoran_Chris
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a long time Verizon Subscriber and Verizon shareholder, I'm extremely disappointed that they are choosing to not carry the Nexus 5.  Especially considering that it can support 4G LTE per the Google Play Store.

This makes at least 2 versions of the Nexus phone that you've stopped carrying Verizon.  I can't understand why a company would choose to not carry a phone.  The money isn't in the phone, it is in the contract!!!  Continued behavior like this will cause a significant number of customers to bail on the network as suggested / indicated in this thread.

I know many won't because of existing contracts etc...   but you can add my name to the seriously considering leaving camp.

I'm curious to if & when someone from Verizon is going to actually choose to respond to the thread.

Jaydub480
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today’s news is very disappointing.  I have been a huge advocate of Verizon but the complete lack of support of stock android is frustrating.  I want a new phone with Stock Android and have zero options.  Every other carrier in the country has multiple options.   I do not understand why Verizon feels the need to corrupt their products with services that ceased to be relevant 5 years ago.  Is there really anyone using VZ navigator or paying Verizon for ringtones? Come on.  . 

The fact that it took 6 months for the HTC One to be released in another example of the poor customer service provided to Android customers.  Give your customers the products they want in a timely manner. 

I believe the real problem is that Google and the Nexus line threaten the artificially high phone prices that Verizon utilizes to forces people into signing contracts and giving up their unlimited data plans.  If consumers new that the subsidy they were receiving was $150 perhaps they would not be so inclined to re-up.  However when the subsidy is 400 to 500 it is easier to justify. 

Give me a $350 Nexus 5 and let me keep my current plan and I will sign a 2 year deal…  Come Verizon what good is the best network if you do not support the best and most current phones…

Steeltown_DC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in complete agreement. Every major carrier is going to carry the Nexus 5 but Verizon. I have been a customer with 5 lines and a jetpack for close to 10 years. I know my $300+ a month won't do anything to their pocket book but I think its about time for a change. I live in a major metropolitan area that all 4 major carriers have great reception.

pdqauto
Enthusiast - Level 1

no nexus 5 then i will be taking my 5 lines and jetpack to a carrier who supports the nexus line.

<< Comments edited to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

vonelliott
Enthusiast - Level 3

I fully agree. I've been a Verizon customer for 13 years! Not only do they refuse to answer questions about Galaxy Nexus upgrade timelines, not carrying the Nexus 5 is the last straw for me. The only think I have to consider is losing my grandfathered unlimited 4G - and if I do, I'm sure they'll be glad to see me go. I've been holding out for this phone for 6 months - logged on within minutes of its release only to find that Verizon is the lone holdout.

I'll be spending the weekend looking at their competitor's plans and prices, pay my early term fee and say goodbye. In the meantime, I'll root my Nexus and put 4.3 on myself. Who needs a Verizon warranty when I can get a phone superior to anything they sell for $349.