No Sound during Send/Receive Calls
granger1680
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

The problem is that when I go to answer my phone, I have no sound.  I cannot hear the caller and he/she cannot hear me.  This also happens when I go to make a call.  I give it adequate time to hear the "calling" tone, but never hear anything.  Usually the other person answers and hears nothing as well.  I'm not accidentally hitting the speaker phone, mute, or bluetooth buttons on the bottom of display either.  Typically this happens about 4 out of 5 times I try respond to a call.  The only thing that "fixes" it so I can call is restarting the device.  I have a Droid 2 Global with 2.3.3 OS. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem so I don't have to restart my phone 80% of the time when I send/receive calls?

Thanks so much!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Sound during Send/Receive Calls
DanEvansJr
Enthusiast - Level 2

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/343108?start=0&tstart=0

It's not what any of us wanted to hear, but Verizon/Motorola considers this issue solved/non-issue.  Their solution in a nutshell...Pop the battery, hold down the power button for 15 seconds, turn the phone back on.  Yeah.  I know.  So what happens if you absolutely have an emergency and need to call someone?  That extra time could mean someone's life.  I know it's dramatic, but it CAN happen.  The fact that there is no solution and it appears to be happening to so many of us makes me regret buying this phone and regret going Verizon.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked your in-call volume level?

When you are in an active call press the volume buttons up or down to chnage the volume during the call.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
granger1680
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154,

Yes, the in-call volume is all the way up... still no sound.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

With that information, it sounds like you might have a bad front speaker.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
granger1680
Enthusiast - Level 2

If the front speaker was bad, then it shouldn't ever work, right?  When I restart my phone, I can make/answer calls with sound.  Plus when it is experiencing no sound, the person on the other end can't hear me, so that would mean there was also a problem with the microphone too, right?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry forgot about the microphone.  The speakerphone function uses the rear speaker.

Have you tried reprogramming the phone to the Verizon Wireless network?  Dial *228, option 1.

0 Likes
DanEvansJr
Enthusiast - Level 2

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/343108?start=0&tstart=0

It's not what any of us wanted to hear, but Verizon/Motorola considers this issue solved/non-issue.  Their solution in a nutshell...Pop the battery, hold down the power button for 15 seconds, turn the phone back on.  Yeah.  I know.  So what happens if you absolutely have an emergency and need to call someone?  That extra time could mean someone's life.  I know it's dramatic, but it CAN happen.  The fact that there is no solution and it appears to be happening to so many of us makes me regret buying this phone and regret going Verizon.

woodslink
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to Google Play and search for an app named SoundAbout.  It will solve the problem.

0 Likes
JCostigan4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to me. Couldn't hear my son. I checked all the volumes so no it wasnt that. Then i restarted the phone & bam. Like new. If it happens again i will be sending the phone back

0 Likes