Re: No more Nexus for Verizon?
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

It does have visual voicemail which you can't uninstall. 

0 Likes
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

pool_shark wrote:

Not me. From what I've read, the incredible can't voice dial over bluetooth. It isn't for me.

...and the Nexus One can?

0 Likes
shipwrestler125
Enthusiast - Level 3

If they weren't going to sell it then why keep the Verizon on their website? I still think they will come out with this phone sooner or later(most likely later) It doesnt make sense for them not to sell it IMO

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3

gpa111 wrote:

They come with some preloaded HTC bloatware but not Verizon, only thing my Eris came with from Verizon was visual voice mail.

You should note that the app isn't even installed you get directed to the market to get it. The Moto Droid was pretty bare, were as teh Eris had Appz included because of it's sense UI and the integration features it has with social networking. I can't think of a Verizon App that was specifically installed when I bought the phone.
0 Likes
amarys

Thanks for the link, but I already came across that sad bit of info a couple hours ago ;__; I just haven't been back to the forums here to update the opinion of my disgust since I was still in hopes of finding the actual post from Google seeing as that wasn't specifically stated in their home blog post. I guess I can stop holding my breath 😕

Sadly since I have been up for my new every 2 for almost 2 weeks now, the Nexus One was the only upcoming phone to verizon that would have been worth my sticking around for a number of reasons. The leak of the upcoming iPhone is more horrid looking than the originals and the Android system has really gotten my interest. However, the overall look of the Incredible is absolutely bland and boring to my eye and I haven't so far been able to convince myself not to waste $100 on a phone I dread to look at (and here I was so hopefully about the colored notifications for the trackball on the N1, even if people found it less than useful for navigation, at least That could have served Me as well as some others, some purpose).

And so, here in lies the debate: To stick with a company that granted so far, seemingly has the best coverage, has No qualms about keeping it's customers in the dark for long periods of time (only to lead to such shattering disappointment), has had lack-luster customer service on multiple accounts, and has absolutely ridiculously high prices for their service... (you would think, to at least keep up with the competition, Knowing they have so far the best coverage, would meet the lower pricing of the combating service providers, coming off more appealing to the masses at large, and Not just $10 on family plans 😕 feeling the crunch of the economy, BUUUT instead prefers the evils of greed to line their already fat pockets), To debate how much longer I feel up to tolerating such childish and small minded behavior of such a corporation, to bite the bullet and go for such an ugly phone, OR just hold out until August when my plan is up, cancel and move back to a more moderately priced company with more appealing phone choices, including but in no way limited to taking the crunch of the full priced N1 and foregoing all price plans Period! It was ridiculous to finally have someone put to light the actual price we spend on these phones, even when we think we're getting a deal, to see in black and white what most of us spend over a 2 year period contract! 😧 Decisions, decisions :S

0 Likes
thunderbucks

shipwrestler125 wrote:

If they weren't going to sell it then why keep the Verizon on their website? I still think they will come out with this phone sooner or later(most likely later) It doesnt make sense for them not to sell it IMO

I think, or at least I want to think, that they keep the Verizon on their site because they're aware of the throngs of people who have been waiting for this phone, so they're just giving some explanation/closure for us as opposed to just pulling it from their site and leaving it at that.

I'd like to see them release the N1 as much as anyone else, but I can't disagree with the logic presented against releasing it.  Anything the Nexus can do, the Incredible can do.  And much of that is better than the Nexus.  Not to mention the buggy-ness others seem to experience.  i saw a video where somebody did a multi-touch test, and after a few quick swipes, the phone thought his fingers were opposite of where they actually were.  Not to mention poor response from the four main buttons along the bottom.

But the Nexus is just sooo sexy!

0 Likes
throwingcopper3

I have never own an Android.  I have an Omnia II right now.  I feel better knowing that Verizon has chosen not to force their software on Android phones.  Now I am starting to get warm and fuzzy again. 

0 Likes