Not receiving all texts
amitch421

I have a Galaxy S5, and my girlfriend has an iPhone 6s. She says that I may get half or less of the messages she sends. What can be done to remedy this situation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving all texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you ever have an Apple device before this phone? Have you looked at her side of the text conversation from her phone and compare to the conversation on your phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
amitch421

I have never had an apple device. I have seen her side, and the messages are there and sent. I'm trying to figure out if its a cross platform issue, or a device issue.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be a SIM card issue. Replace the SIM card first before entertaining a device theory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
amitch421

The SIM card in my device, or hers?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yours since your phone isn't receiving them and they were sent out on hers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@amitch421

It’s important to me that you’re receiving all of your text messages.

When did this problem begin? Are you having problems receiving text messages from any other numbers or contacts? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SiNisterBarbieDoll

Get text 3 hours ago, simple, go to update/accept this recent update.  Error msg 9909.

Call 1- force stop app & hard reset

Call 2- turn off Wi-Fi & hard reset

Call 3- no help

Call 4- reset my voicemail on their end, told to hard reset again. 

Guess what?!  3+ hours wasted, still getting error 9909. And can't access voicemail.

Lovely!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure all your texts are flowing again SiNisterBarbieDoll. Let's take a look into this together. What make and model phone do you have? Do you get the error when you try to send a text message? What app are you using for texts?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes