Not receiving group text messages on Android phone
TonyLoco1

I have a HTC U11 Phone. 2 weeks ago I stopped receiving group text messages.  I can send a group text but replies come back individually, says message is downloading, then expired. I have the built in messenger app and also Google Messages installed.  Same issue with both apps.  Deleted and reinstalled Google Messages.  Cleared memory and cache for both apps.  Read every tip and have tried all. Still not working.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving group text messages on Android phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to keep all messages within that group thread is crucial, TonyLoco1. Let's gather a few details about this. Had anything changed on the device (i.e. software update, etc.) around the time this issue started? Are you using the Group SMS option on your device (which will have the replies coming in individually) or Group MMS (which will allow the messages to remain in the group thread)? Here is a link to the HTC Support page that shows those options: https://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-u11/howto/sending-a-group-message.html

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes
tonyloco

My phone is set to the group SMS option.  Read a lot of suggestions and tried all of them.  Stumbled across a fix reading a post on a similar issue on a different Android phone - a Samsung - about having to use the Verizon Message Plus app if it had to been used on a previous phone, so out of desperation I reinstalled Message Plus and the problem was solved. This is a limitation however, as I was using another messaging app with additional features, including support for sending/receiving texts from a PC.  Message Plus no longer has a PC app (Macs are supported bu not PCs anymore. this is why I stopped using it as my primary messaging app (there is a PC we interface but it is clunky).

If you have a "real" fix I would appreciate applying that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I use my group messaging all the time, Tonyloco. I understand how essential it is to get this working properly. Your phone should not be doing this. It can be because the device is not a Verizon Wireless device. Have you contacted HTC yet? 

0 Likes