Not recieving group texts on Droid Dna
kcrabtree565

I have went into a verizon store twice and they couldnt help me, i was recieving group texts just fine then all the sudden they no longer come to my phone im not getting the messages at all and i know they are being sent. I tried resetting my phone and everything and that has not fixed the problem. I have also tried downloading other apps and that did not help either. Any suggestions? ive only had the phone a month

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not recieving group texts on Droid Dna
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kcrabtree565,

Wow! It is never good to have limited access to your Group Messages. As a user of this feature, I understand how important it is to have this feature functioning. I have great news! I know exactly how to solve this. Let's make sure your Group Messaging is enabled.

Settings
Group Conversations
On

Once the above steps are verified you should have zero problems with your messaging. If you are still having issues after completing the above listed steps, please let us know. Thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
vern88

Based on your directions above the DNA does not have the Group Conversations in Settings for Messages...

What I see after selecting "Settings"

Notifications

Text Messages (SMS)

Multimedia Messages (MMS)

General

Voicemail Settings

Emergency Alerts

After searching under each the only one that list "Group Conversations" is under Multimedia Messages.  With this option selected, phone still will not receive group Text Messages replies.  Every day this HTC Droid DNA is proving to me that it was a bad investment. Should have stayed with Motorola. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear vern88,

I appreciate you trying the steps provided in our previous response to you. I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with receiving group messages. We want you to love your phone with no regrets. Allow us to continue to assist you with resolving this concern for you.

When sending a group message, it's sent as a multimedia message (MMS) on the Droid DNA. The setting to ensure it is enabled is under the Multimedia Messages under the message settings. I see you have already verified that this setting is checked off as enable. Can you try disabling it, then enabling group messaging. After you have done this, please remove SIM card and replace it back to the phone. To do so click http://vz.to/WJoVT4 Then test the group messages. If you still happen to experience difficulites with group messages, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance. We would be happy to continue troubleshooting with you. Have a great day!

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
3downMT

Kit Kat was a terribly annoying update.  If Verizon doesn't fix the text messages I will change carriers.  I have been loyal for 15 years.  But no fix on almost a year?  Shameful

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

15 years is a long time 3downMT! We appreciate your loyalty and we want to serve your wireless need for years to come! Let's explore options to get all your text messages. What messaging application do you use? What specific messaging issues are you experiencing? Please confirm your phone model and software version, including baseband and build number.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes