Note 3 Kit Kat SMS Issues
lorlando53

I just upgraded my Galaxy Note 3 to Kit Kat last night, and now I cannot send or receive text messages, and the phone gets very hot for absolutely no reason. I have taken out the SIM card and put it back in again, factory reset the phone, and it still will not send or receive messages. I am growing very tired of this (I text a LOT), and if there is not an upgrade to fix these problems soon, I will have to revert to my Galaxy S3 until they are solved.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Note 3 Kit Kat SMS Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lorlando53 lets get your device running smoothly! If your device is continuing to overheat, please take the device and charger directly into the store. For the closest location in your area, please visit http://bit.ly/3SdsA . Do you receive an error message when trying to text? Are you using the pre-installed messaging app?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lorlando53

no, it just keeps saying "sending". i use the app that came with the phone. and now, the phone won't install apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange! Not being able to install applications should not be something that occurs after a factory reset. Please confirm that you did UNCHECK the Automatic Restore option as outlined on number 3 at this link http://vz.to/1gRkMO1 if you did not uncheck this option, please do a hard reset once more and uncheck at step 3. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
babygirl1025
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was having the same problem. I tried battery pulls....restarting the phone....clearing cache and I even did 3 factory resets. None of that work so finally I turned of the stock messaging app and I downloaded Chomp Sms. Everything is working perfect now.

0 Likes
Onebig93zj

I am having a completely different issue with texting after the update.

When i reply to a text, i tap in the box to type my message and the cursor will show in there, but as i type nothing appears on the screen. as if the texting app lags out. i have to close out the messaging app several times usually before i get it to work correctly. With that and the losing service issue on this phone, its getting very annoying! Verizon definitely needs to get these issues resolved!

0 Likes
buckbuckley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having a similar problem.  Text messaging is very inconsistent, my phone is getting hot, the battery life is hours, not a full day (or days like when I first got the phone).  I've pulled the SD, the SIM, cleared the cache, was getting ready to do a factory reset, but after seeing posts on here that say THAT isn't helping, I'm at a loss as to what to do.  This morning my home button wasn't working and there was some serious lag between screen taps.  I need help, too!  This all started with KitKat update.

0 Likes