Note 4 Apps Not Staying in App Drawer Folders
XeroG
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my new Samsung Galaxy Note 4, I was trying to organize my app drawer by creating folders and putting apps in them inside the App Drawer (NOT the Home Screen, those folders seem to work just fine). Anyhow, a while later or after I restart my phone the folders are still in my app drawer but they contain no apps. What can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 4 Apps Not Staying in App Drawer Folders
tbo27
Master - Level 2

I just tested on a note 3 no problems.  Pull the battery try again.

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

I have heard of this happening to some people on their new Note 4's. As far as I know, there's no fix. You could try using a new launcher such as the Google Launcher or Nova Launcher.

0 Likes
XeroG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like I'll have to use a new launcher for now, which is a shame

because I wanted to give TouchWiz a fair shot before I replaced it.

On Oct 27, 2014 7:10 AM, "firesafetybear" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
RelevantSpeaks

I'm having the same problem. It's a major pain to keep organizing over and over.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Maybe after a restart the app drawer is defaulting to the alphabetical organization.  Check in the top left of the app drawer and see if there is an option to put it to custom.

0 Likes
omegabsd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had this problem as well.  Several people have mentioned that it seems to happen to folders in the app drawer that have items added to them when they are first created, i.e. Apps Drawer -> More options (...) -> Create Folder -> <enter a folder name> -> Click + -> add applications and click done.  Instead, just hit enter after putting in the folder name and let it create an empty folder.  Then go into the folder and click the + to add apps to the folder.

[ Source #1 ]

[ Source #2 ]

0 Likes