Note Edge or Nexus 6?
Siouxzette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am patiently waiting for the Galaxy Note Edge or The Nexus 6 through Verizon. When will they actually be becoming available in Verizon?  If they will not be available at all I need to find an alternative to these choices.  Unfortunately what you offer now is not really hitting all my check boxes right now.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Note Edge or Nexus 6?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Nexus 6 was available from the Motorola website recently. Try there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Siouxzette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah and its something I would love to purchase, but not at that price point because I have an upgrade available, and even though it runs on CDMA band and LTE, I have heard that trying to get an open source phone on the Verizon chip has not been successful for others trying to get phones not offered by Verizon.  Would you have any information regarding this?

Nexus 6 by Motorola

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

siouxzette,

If your current phone has a nano sim all you need to do is buy the Nexus 6 and pop your sim in it. If your current phone does not have a nano sim you need to be a little devious. For example go to Verizon store. Take a picture of a Motox 2014 IMEI. Call VErizon tell them you are buying a MOTO X from Craigslist and give them the IMEI of the phone you took a picture of and request a sim.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would think you can use the current phone IMEI number and just go in requesting a nano SIM card to future proof the SIM card. It will help if you also have the right nano to micro or standard SIM card adapter handy when you go to the store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Ann

In a nice and easy world you could request a nano sim and tell them you will use an adapter. Verizon does not promote the use of adapters therefore they usually insist on the IMEI of your device and issue the correct adapter for your IMEI.

That is why i put the extremely long post above.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your post wasn't an extremely long post. I suggested what I suggested because it was also suggested by an android tech site like Android Central or a similar site. I don't remember which one.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have never had trouble dialing 611 and asking for a sim. She was willing to ship one, but I asked if I could pick up instead. I told them which wasn't a lie. I bought a phone that requires a nano sim and want a nano sim. They put a note into my account and sent me to a Verizon store. Went there got a sim. Stuck it in the Note 3 activated it no problem and swapped it into my Nexus 6. I even let the store reps play with the N6 for a while.

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

HA! You just disproved yourself in one post tidbits!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

How so? I got a nano sim no problem. So ho does that disprove anything?