Note II, Android 4.1.1: Constant App Loading???
DKS1

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note II about a week ago and, so far, it is a fantastic phone. The OS is Android 4.1.1. Of course, the phone came with a lot of bloatware on it. Unfortunately, that is to be expected from Verizon. My one negative comment regarding the operation of the phone is that it  automatically loads 10-15 apps that run in the background. These are not apps that I have accessed recently or ever. They are apps on the phone that the OS launches and loads into memory even though I don't want it to. I have installed Advanced Task Manager that seems to do a pretty good job of killing the apps but almost immediately the phone reloads 10-15 more...either the same ones or different ones. I don't want 10-15 apps to launch automatically and run in the background. Is there any way to stop the phone from doing this? My last phone, a Samsung Fascinate, only loaded the apps I launched and then they stayed killed once I killed them. Any guidance here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note II, Android 4.1.1: Constant App Loading???
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

First, follow these instructions carefully.  UNINSTALL ADVANCED TASK MANAGER!  It is doing more harm than good.  Your new phone is still learning which apps you use and don't use.  By killing the apps you making the phone work harder, because it still think you need those apps.  It will drop the resources when IT NEEDS them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DKS1

Thanks for your reply.  I was surprised by what you said but I have unstalled Advanced Task Manager as you said. Are you saying the phone will learn what apps I use and will then stop loading those that I don'tuse? How long will that take? How are new owners supposed to know this? Don't I need a task killer?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just leave it alone.  No matter what's loaded the ram uses the same power empty or full.  The only time that matters is processes, and just because you see "something" there doesn't mean it is actually using processes.  It's just cached to make it load faster for you. 

Doesn't matter what loads and doesn't load.  If your phone needs the ram it will drop the cache that you don't use.  That's how it works.  Empty RAM is wasted RAM.  You gain nothing by leaving it empty.

0 Likes